Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy. Anyone have Weathertech Digital Fit Floor mats for the 2012+ Rio5???

I see they offer them for the 2012 "Rio" but not the Rio5 and wondering if the floorpan is the same and Weathertech forgot to offer the Rio5.

Anyone have them for the '12+ Rio5?

After reading the above I really sound nnnnnnnnuts.
But seriously, I'd rather not mess up new $95 carpeted mats.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
I do recall reading somewhere that there was a fitment issue with the weathertech mats for the Rio5. Can't really imagine there is a difference between the Rio5 and the Rio sedan but what do I know, I've never even sat is a 5 before.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Were you able to get this figured out yet? I was about to buy a set on eBay (the ad says they also fit the Rio5) - but this contradicts what it says on the Weathertech site itself - which is to say... nothing.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LOL. Just ordered a black set. 1 price delivered from weathertech ebay sales, no sales tax. Months ago I asked the actual WT tech dept and they said they don't make one for Rio 5. I think they just went to the same Internet site we see, and didn't investigate further. If it fits right, that guy that plants his face all over their magazine ads should be called and told to get new sales staff. They're losing sales because noone's listening. We'll see in a week or two when my car gets delivered.

WeatherTech® Floor Mats FloorLiner - Kia Rio/Rio 5 - 2012 - Black #261002017028

From Ebay Weathertech sales:
"No problem! We contacted our engineers about this Floorliner kit and they confirmed that these front and rear Floorliners will fit the 2012 Kia Rio 4-door Sedan, and the 2012 Kia Rio 5-door Hatchback. However, if for any reason you have difficulty with this product or have any further questions or concerns about this product, then please let us know and we'd be happy to help!"

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
I've been waiting for a while as well. So, I took a chance after seeing the updates in this post. I placed an order today for the mats and see if they fit my R5. I'll post results when I get them. I had ordered the cargo mat from them as well and it came very fast. I use these mats in my Odyssey as well and they are well worth the extra coin.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I too have had them in several cars. One problem: They are so form fitting it can seal in water in the florpan. So you have to be diligent and check periodically .

That's why problem 2: I prefer no holes for the floor retainers. Water and slush does get down them.

But overall, still better than most mats. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, got the '13 R5 EX today. Threw in the Weathertech FloorLiners 1st and 2nd row and guess what?

THEY FIT PERFECTLY!

End of mystery.

Weathertech needs to upgrade their website the the R5.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Excellent! Glad you posted about it. I was concerned about that. Now, it's all good. I just can't wait for them. They are currently back ordered. Too bad I did not take the plunge earlier, if I would have known. I was waiting for close to 2 months because they misinformed me... :confused:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep. Got held up too. Weathertech main site says R5 is a no fit. Weathertech's Ebay Sales went a bit further and says they do. And they did.

Thank you helping out Weathertech's Ebay people. You got my sale.

Now the cargo mat for the 2013 is another matter. At least I can say is KIA redesigned the rear cargo mat since it is a flatter area than 2012 and KIA does not have the redesign in stock yet. WT may be held up as well for the 2013.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Received mine today. I also got confirmation from Weathertech that they will be updating their website to indicate the Rio5 also has the FloorLiner DigiFit available, and not just the Sedan. They did not realize the site was not updated. Here are some picks of mine. The fit is perfect as Daddy-O said.

Attachments

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Bump from the dead. I know this is a Weathertech thread, but has anyone used the HuskyLiner brand? I had them in my WRX and was impressed with them, i too don't want to mess up my carpeted floormats that came with my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts