Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think the seat heaters are extremely weak? On the highest setting the seat is barely warm. Dealer says they are working just buried by more cushion and thick leather.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento SX Prestige 2021
52 Posts
yes. had heated seats in my Volvo. Those will toast your buns. The Kia ones don’t. They do warm up with the ride though so you eventually do get comfy.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX Gravity Blue
87 Posts
My Hybrid EX heated seats are blazing. Way hotter than the Mazda we traded in for it. I can’t handle past the first setting.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sportage will leave blisters :) Low setting for me

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sportage will leave blisters :) Low setting for me
Wife came from a 2018 Sportage SX and they were way hotter. My 2019 Optima SX also very hot. Wished it was the same in the Sorento.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SXL
30 Posts
My SXL heated & cooled work great with the heated steering wheel, I set the Climate switch on at 70* it's ready to go!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX V6
69 Posts
Anyone else think the seat heaters are extremely weak? On the highest setting the seat is barely warm. Dealer says they are working just buried by more cushion and thick leather.
My 2017 SX's seat heaters are also "buried by more cushion and thick leather," yet they warm up to a true hot on the third setting, so I'm always starting them on high, then moving down to medium and low within 10 minutes or so. So I don't buy that dealer's excuse.

My heated steering wheel is also quite hot when engaged - I don't normally wear gloves but am assuming it'd be quite warm even with gloves on.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line (Aruba Green w/ Rust interior)
37 Posts
That’s odd, I personally find the seat warmers to be quite hot on the highest setting.

I turn on the seat warmer to max heat when I pick up my friends to make it warm for them and they all ask me to turn it down or off because it’s too hot. I personally only use the middle or lowest setting too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Seem to work fine to me. The seats in my Fiat 124, which are really Mazda seats, are quite a bit warmer on the highest setting - to the point of being uncomfortable sometimes - but then its also a convertible. The seats in the 2021 Sorento seem pretty consistent with our prior 2016.

·
Registered
2021 SX Prestige X-Line
26 Posts
Seat heaters and heated steering wheel seem to be the same as my previous '17 Sorento, and both are much hotter than my '17 F150.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
466 Posts
My seat heaters on the 2020 Sorento SX work fine, I also start on high and then turn them down after a few minutes, and off in a few minutes more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts