Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sportage
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed a Sportage yesterday and I guess I never noticed how weak the rear turn signals are. They are not real easy to see from behind.
Has anyine tried LED replacements or something else to brighten these up?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
It also doesn't help that they are red instead of yellow. For that reason I swapped them out for the clear turn signal housings with yellow bulbs (just like the ones available in other markets).

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
Those turns should've been yellow from the start. Red on red I don't think looks very good.

US version does have the turn signals in the mirrors, so I would guess CAN does also.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
So yelow indicators in mirrors and red in tail? Pretty weird. Yelow indicators in the back are perfectly visible even in day time. Some folks here are moaning about them being too low,i think they are fine where they are.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I think most people don't expect them to be so low and are expecting the turn signal to be with the rest of light cluster; they just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
IX 35 has em in rear cluster,maybe they wanted to differentiate some more. Only problem i might have is when the bulb goes. Absolutely no idea how to change it,guess i'll go for the manual then lol.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
460 Posts
Bluntman - was it hard to change? Where did you get them and how much?

Also curious if anyone has tried wiring up the "upper" tail light to flash with the turn signal?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,868 Posts
They are fine as built...........

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Bluntman - was it hard to change? Where did you get them and how much?

Also curious if anyone has tried wiring up the "upper" tail light to flash with the turn signal?
I forget where I bought mine, it was either through SharkRacing.com or ebay, just buy the cheapest one. You'll need to remove the rear bumper cover, but that isn't too difficult. I would suggest getting a pair of "chrome dipped" orange bulbs if you don't like the look of an orange bulb showing through the clear lens. Also, I believe the bulbs are different - the locating "pins" are lined up different than on the North American version - so you'll need to get the appropriate bulbs. If I remember correctly, the Korean ones use a monofilament bulb while the North American bulbs use a dual filament bulb.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
Didn't read past the OP; every Sportage I saw had clearly visible turn signals, even in broad daylight.

That said, I would love a LED bulb for under 10 bucks a pop for ALL exterior bulbs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts