Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul+ ....It's the baby of the fleet.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a real horn ? I have a pair of Stebel horns, rated at
139db, and plan on adding one of them to the Soul. (The other will go on my new bike.) I've already fabbed up the bracket. All I need to do is wire it. I have the relay and wiring, etc.
Has anyone done this? I need to figure where to tap into the horn wiring.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
Sounds like you're going to scare the crap out of a few little old ladies.... Dang Bro....Thats not nice. :)

·
Registered
2011 Soul
75 Posts
You have to remove the bumper. Yes, the horn is cheesy. Young kids will laugh at you if you dare blow your horn. Not even worth using.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock horn is laughable!!!

I'm looking for a horn that's super easy to hook up

Sent from my Kindle Fire using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I think this would be as easy as any, once I find the horn wire. The Stebel is small. I'm not looking forward to removing the bumper, though. I guess I could just install a switch on the dash for the Stebel.

I did something similar when I put a set of Dixie horns on an old truck.
They were fun. People would actually get out of the way. Of course, this was back when the TV series was still on. :lol:

·
Registered
2012 Soul + 2007 F350 D
13 Posts
I don't think the bumper must come off

On my 2012+ the horn is just under the plastic piece that the hood latch goes through. Removing that part is the first step in removing the bumper, and the horn and it's related wiring is right there on top on the passenger side. Two bolts and a bunch of those goofy plastic push pin fasteners that look like a phillips screw, but aren't.

I think the factory horn is a motorcycle horn, and I suspect I'll be swapping it out soon enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to leave the stock horn connected. That way If I get any "guff" come inspection time, all I have to do is pull the wire off the relay or pull the inline fuse until I get home.

·
Registered
2011 Soul
75 Posts
It's not a motorcycle horn. I have a motorcycle, and the horn on it is really good.

As for imnspection, as long as you have a functioning horn, you pass. It doesn't have to be wimpy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts