Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03'VW Passat - mine | 03'Sorento EX 4X4 - hers
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. approx. 30K miles ago I did timing belt and waterpump change. But I didn't replace whole waterpump, just front part. On Saturday I noticed a leak on the front of the engine and after disassembling i found that reason for that leak is metal gasket between waterpump and engine block. i also noticed that waterpump rotates kind of with a binding. Waterpump is by Gates. So i decided to replace waterpump too, but does anybody know where to get (or part number) O-ring that goes in the back of the waterpump and also another metal gasket that sits between waterpump and thermostat housing.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,478 Posts
The dealer for the o-rings and the gaskets. You might be able to do aftermarket but getting the right size could be tricky. While you are at it replace all the o-rings in all the metal pipes that run to the rear as well.

·
Registered
03'VW Passat - mine | 03'Sorento EX 4X4 - hers
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, nstoolman1. i don't want to do aftermarket gaskets, because aftermarket waterpump gasket is not metal - I don't want to take any chances and tear the front for the third time, even though it's kinda fun. :)

Anybody knows part numbers for these?
Can anyone confirm that OEM parts are made by Auto7?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts