Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rio LX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So bought this little car last feb. 300000km had wicked good heat. motor barely uses oil it runs like a champ. My Wife drives it way more than i do. anyways i did the timing belt and cam and crank seals and water pump last winter. This winter i drove it one day when it was cold out and such poor heat! BUT on highway with engine rpms higher.. great heat. Temp seems normal but i bought a new hyundai thermostat to install when i get a chance.

My question is this. has anyone had this issue?

Im beginning to wonder if aftermarket water pumps are not flowing coolant at idle as it should.

I will be flushing heater core when i do thermostat, but i am wondering if i should buy an oem water pump and gasket and swap it as well

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rio LX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update .. found there is heat but only on passenger side. drivers blows nearly cold air. this has manual heater controls and service manual does not offer a view inside the heater box.
I wonder could half my heater core be plugged and not warming the air? i doubt the blend door is a two piece unit like cars with dual climate zones but im not sure

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rio LX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flushed heater core today .. built a flushing tool with copper fittings and blew compressed air and water through heater core . then filled with clr and used a boat live well pump to circulate the clr. flushed again and once more again backwards. YAY heat fixed!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts