Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ex-v6
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mt timing belt change at the dealereship last month at 105 000Km, I asked the tech if they changed the water pump at the same time? They say it was not necessary. Smelling antifreeze yesterday I stopped at my nearby trusted mechanic and after puting it to test with pressure they find that the water pump was leaking. Cost 700$

It's a costly lesson that I learn to never go back to the dealership. They know shit.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
The reason they said it wasn't necessary at that time is, it was NOT leaking then. The tech at the dealership should have know it was going to leak in a month? NO one could have know that....
If your "trusted mechanic" did the same thing, would you be here throwing dirt on him???
Mechanic's can't look into the future.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
Two words, preventative maintenance. If you are gonna pull the timing belt, change the water pump at the same time. It's just common sense. The idea is not to wait until the water pump fails on you to change it, as it's a little late at that point and you'll have to pull the timing belt (again) to change it! Just my opinion, but, whatever. :p

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Yes, I agree 100%, all the OP had to say is, I know you think it's not necessary, but I want to replace it anyways.

·
Registered
'07 rondo ex V6
47 Posts
Here in the States, the water pump falls under the 100000 mi/10 yr warranty. Our '07 has 58k on it. I will be having the timing belt replaced next week and the service adviser suggested replacing the pump at the same time. To the tune of an additional $225! I will not be replacing the pump. Let Kia pay for it I say....

·
Registered
2015 ex-v6
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...NO one could have know that....
Actually it look like they can look in the future I've got the pump in my car and going to show it to the dealer, there was some advance sign of leak. The "trusted" mechanic said that automaticly when they see this they change it. Or maybe the leak happen overnight with no sign before...

·
Registered
2015 ex-v6
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm happy to have come to an arrangment with the dealership. They will credit me the cost of labor I paid to the other garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to remove water pump KIA Carens I ?

Is there anyone can tell me how to remove water pump on KIA Carens I ?

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Dude i think in the water pump capacitor is not working well when you on the pump some smell is generated i think its capacitor smell..If you change the motor may be your problem is solved..Why you do not change the motor?
You want to try again, and post something that makes sense?????:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts