Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any videos or instruction on changing the water-pump on an '07 rondo 4 cylinder?
also want to make sure the mechanic was truthful, and it is the water pump failing and not gasket or something else related on pump.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Drain the coolant. Remove the serpentine belt (There is a 19mm nut on the tensioner, fit a socket over this nut, and turn counter-clockwise to remove tension...this is a rather difficult step in the Rondo). Then remove the water pump pulley, there are 3 bolts. You may want to loosen/remove the exhaust manifold, to give yourself more room. Remove the inlet hose. There are FIVE bolts that hold the pump to the engine block. If I remember correctly, there are two 10mm nuts that fasten the inlet pipe to the pump. Ensure you replace any gaskets you encounter. Reinstall in reverse order of removal. Replace coolant. (System takes ~1.75 gallons)

Belt routing diagram:

-
If you are the original owner, in the US, with fewer than 100k miles, the water pump should still be under warranty, and you may want to look into having the dealer replace it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Greg and conwel,
I will probably already have started the install before you respond, but should I come at it from the bottom or top.
I looked at the pump once the other day when trying to locate it, and it looked like it was almost impossible to get to at top, so thought it was meant to be serviced from bottom.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Either way, it's going to be tight. Personally I'd go at it from the top. As I mentioned, you may want to take the exhaust manifold off. Just keep in mind, if you do that, you will have to replace the gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts