Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister-in-law has a Rio5 and has noticed a weird smell/water dripping on the passenger side. When looking underneath the water continuously drips from the weeping hole (I assume it's meant to be a weeping hole) on the bottom of the blower motor. There is no water anywhere else so it's not dripping down the outside of the blower motor. As well, when removing the blower motor there is water that can be seen around the electrical connector inside the plastic case, indicating it's definitely inside.

It's definitely water (clear and no odour, other than musty) so I assume it's something to do with the air conditioner and condensation from it. She said she hasn't used the AC/defroster for the past couple months, which makes me question my thoughts on the AC (is water coming through a fresh air intake?). I have read about the evap hose being clogged (which I assume I can easily find under the hood) but really have no idea how to 'clean' the clog out.

Has anyone experienced this sort of issue? With the appearance of what looks like a weeping hole at the bottom of the blower motor I have to think this is a design feature and they were anticipating water to come through here. I just can't figure out why and assume we need to fix it soon as it can't be good for the blower motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like all the water finally worked it's magic; the fan motor started to smoke and now it's dead. Rockauto has them fairly cheap so I'm not overly concerned but still need to solve this water problem.

Is there any sort of repair manuals online for these cars?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts