Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
corvette 1992, Kia Rio 2013
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the passenger side bottom vent at the left foot drips water from the evaporator pipe and out the vent on to the floor?
I am tiring to ascertain if this a problematic issue on this car.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,527 Posts
whats the year on your Rio - it doesn't tell us your DRIVES description?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just noticed this in our Rio a few times this summer... is there any way to stop this or is that normal for an AC to do

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
I presume the OP means on the inside of the vehicle in the passengers foot well :confused:

If it didn't drip out on the outside from using the a/c you have a problem :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I presume the OP means on the inside of the vehicle in the passengers foot well :confused:

If it didn't drip out on the outside from using the a/c you have a problem :D
True it does however drip on my wife's foot:eek: inside the car

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
True it does however drip on my wife's foot:eek: inside the car
I'd get it fixed quick, maybe you can connect it yourself or take it to the dealer before you get some serious water damage under your carpets, which is not easy to dry out.

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
Wow thats not good.. should definitely take it into the dealership

Have a good trip Ross ;) see you when you get back for the cruise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The "dealer" is at a loss to explain this, It is definitely dripping from the evaporator pipe and is blowing out of the bottom foot duct on to the interior floor
I guess the next step is to contact the area service rep and see what he can do. ......stay tuned!

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX 6spd
59 Posts
I noticed this once not long ago. It was a very hot and humid day, so I don't know if that exacerbates the situation.

I haven't seen it since, and I've checked every day since it happened. It's very easy to spot as I left my Weathertech mats in for the summer.

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
Former 2013 Rio SX Owner, 2014 Sorento EX
14 Posts
This is a known issue. See TSB CLI020 (June 2013).

I tried to attach it but it was too large. Here is what it says:

"This bulletin provides information relating to the possible presence of moisture on the
passenger side floor during A/C operation on some Rio vehicles produced from October
15th, 2011 to September 20th, 2012 (for 4DR models) and July 11th, 2011 to September
20th, 2012 (for 5DR models). This condition may be due to insufficiently insulated evaporator
lines allowing condensation to form on the lines which then drips onto the passenger floor.
To correct this condition, install additional insulating material over the evaporator lines as
outlined in this bulletin, making sure to completely wrap the lines from the evaporator core to
the expansion valve, in order to prevent condensation from recurring."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts