Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed it last time I was waxing my EX. It is noticeable on the passenger side only. It's inside the red and white sections of the taillight assembly. Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix for this? I'll be damned if they expect me to pay for this considering it's a '12 EX with 8k miles. This is a defect! Let me guess this isn't covered under their warranty?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I will expect a loaner car if I have to drop off my car as I don't have time for waiting at the dealer. I'll be damned if I have to pay for their screw up.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
Probably just a bad seal or the housing on the bulbs are loose and letting water/moisture in the hole. Id pull the taillight off and inspect the bulb housing if its loose or look for any opening. Silicone will do the trick if you dont feel like bringing it to the dealer for a few days. Its should be covered in the warranty.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same problem is happening again only now is years later and $54k miles. Will dealer fix this even though this is the exact same problem I had years ago?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts