Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sportage CRDI TLX Auto
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get to the windscreen washer bottle? I think that the hose from the pump to the jets has split near the pump / washer bottle as whenever I use it I get a huge puddle under the car and little on the screen. 2005 LHD Sportage?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Ill go out an take a look at mine and see if I can route it for you with pics.

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
304 Posts
There are two ways you can access the washer bottle. The first is to loosen the plastic guard inside the righthand forward wheel well. There are a couple of screws, one at the top towards the outside of the fender, and the second down the bottom towards the bash plate (i.e. the plate that you need to remove when doing an oil snd fliter change). There are also some bolts where the plastic guard is bolted to the engine bay wall. How much space will you have once you do this, I am not sure. The easist way I found was to remove the front plastic bumper completely.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sportage CRDI TLX Auto
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much.

Sounds like a big job and one I will leave until I have a full day free.

Thanks once again.

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
304 Posts
Actually, to remove, it isn't to bad. You remove the plastic cover where the bonnet latch is, you remove the three (I think) screws under this. You remove the lower bash plate, then the plastic insert screws. There are two screws in each wheel well that also have to come out. Lastly, you need to pop the left and right side of the bumper from the press type catches thathold it. You have to give it a pretty hatd pull. Lastly, disconnect the fog lamp electrics and the bumber will slide off to the front - on second thought, it is a bit of a job, particularly if you had not done it before.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts