Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife & I have decided to buy a 2005 Amanti. We live in a small town with no KIA dealership. We are in process of getting on line quotes from as far as 150 miles.The closest dealer is about 50 miles. My question is can I go to any KIA dealership for warranty work? Also is there any other dealerships that would do warranty work? (example I have a 2000 Lincoln with no dealer close to me but I have a ford dealer that does the warranty work for me) A lot of the dealers That I'm getting quotes from sell KIA & GM cars, so I'm thinking GM may do warranty work?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
I'm thinking that you have to take it back to the kia dealership for warranty work, and you can take it to any kia dealership I do know that much. Kia is very specific when it comes to warranty work, they want you to have the 15k service, and the 30k service etc, without this they will void your warranty, so given that they are that strict with regards to the warranty i would imagine that you would only be able to take it to them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pop Meyer....RevCo is very right about following the maintenance schedule BY THE BOOK........I have found KIA easy to work with when you do all of the services...as far as taking your up-coming purchase to any other dealer is asking for trouble......only go to an authorized KIA dealer for peace of mind........and as far as I know any KIA dealer should be able to do the work whether or not you purchased the car from them........I take my Amanti to a Lincoln-Mercury-Kia dealer that I did not buy from and there is no distinction as to whether you bought from them or not..the service has been right on the button............ :clap: (so far anyway).........I had a problem with a annoying front end "LOUD CREAK" in the front right suspension which required 4 (??) return visits until it was fixed which took alot of work on the dealers part but it did get repaired and has been fine since the repair......................50 miles is a pretty good haul but hopefully you will only need basic services.........the car has been a pleasure to own and drive even with its so-so gas mileage and its tendency to lean in turns....I think you making a good decision and you will immediately see a vast improvement in ride, comfort, and build quality over your Lincoln.............please visit here again and keep the forum up-dated as this is how we further keep everything in check...rayray :beer:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the good information. We sent information out on different web sites that send to dealers that send us quotes for a drive out price. We had one that we felt was good. We bought it & was home with it by 4 pm yesterday. I'm 67 years young & this may well be the fasted I ever bought a car.

I'm still in the process of reading up on this what seems to be a nice car. When your talking about maintenance schedule is this warranty work or something you have to pay for?

We had a 85 mile drive home this would have been town & highway some heavy traffic on a freeway. Per the read out on the car we average 20.1 miles per gallon.

Thanks for the help.

Pop

·
Registered
2004 Kia Amanti
19 Posts
scheduled maintenance is something you have to pay for, the the 15k service is about $150.00 USD, and the 30k is bout $500.00 USD, at least round here anyway, dunno how much it is beyond that ,havent gotten that far yet , bit of a sticker shock too, but it is something you have to pay for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RevCo thanks for the help. I will visit this board every chance I get. Maybe one day I will be able to help some one.

Pop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts