Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past January I bought my first car, my 2011 Kia Optima LX.
Since purchasing it I seperated from the military and moved to California.
So far I've encountered 3 issues:

Rear D/s tire has a slow air leak,
Sometimes, I will get a humming/grinding noise when I turn on my A/C (compressor going bad?),
And lastly my front P/s window makes a screeching sound when going up or down.

Idk to much about warranties or really how to use it.
So my question is, are these faults covered through my factory warranty? And if so how do I use the warranty to have them fixed?
Any information/advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and help.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Warranty is usually dealt with by approaching your dealer. Even if you bought your car somewhere else, the nearest dealer should cover it, particularly if they are doing your regular maintenance at the same time.

Tyres are not usually covered, particularly if it's just a leak. Some tyres come with a separate warranty for damage, but not usually on a new car. Check your warranty paperwork.

Get someone who is experienced to have a listen to the A/C for excessive noise. Is the A/C operating? Check with the dealer, but be prepared for them to declare it as "normal". Might be a bad tensioner.

Window sounds abnormal. Should be covered.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
How many miles are on your Optima? What country are you in?

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
The tire leak...your own your own on that one sa far as the other things go take it in and see what Kia finds out. It looks like you bought it used. You have the remainder of the basic 5 year/60,000 mile warranty.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
So just take it to a Kia dealer and say " I have these issues I'd like you to look at?"
Yes, that's all you do. They will take it from there. If it's something they say is customer pay. They will quote you a price, you can say no, and drive away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts