Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I was wondering..I see a local Kia owner is selling a 2005 Kia Sorrento with 7k miles on it.. And advertising the10/100m Warranty... Is this still covered by ALL Kia dealers ? Or is it Original owner specific?/Original Dealer Specific..?
Thanks for your time!!

Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rob, I've been doing the same research on a used 05 Spectra5 w/7300 miles on it. The fact is ONLY the original owner gets the 10/100 and the next owner's get 5/60.
Now, Kia has a 10/100 warranty called KEPP (Kia extra protection Plan) for the used cars for more $$$$...BUT you better make sure it's the KIA one and not from a different manufacture. Example>>> The Dodge dealer that has the used Kia I want (maybe) said they would include a 10/100 "Chrysler" warranty with the Kia...don't thats the same or I want that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm..The one I'm looking at is from a "no name" local Used car lot... Sorrento with 7K on it loaded.. I wonder if it was never titled to the another person, only a dealer (maybe a salemans car or something )..seems like alot for a DEMO model tho..

Good Info though..MaybeI can negotiate an aftermarket warranty deal... They seem to run like $1500.00

Thanks
:beer:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by rjpear@Aug 14 2005, 03:18 PM
Hmm..The one I'm looking at is from a "no name" local Used car lot...
..Maybe I can negotiate an aftermarket warranty deal... They seem to run like $1500.00
Be VERY carefull about ANY "aftermarket warranty"...I would only go with a manufactures warranty.
One reason why...my girlfriend bought a used car for a "local used car lot"...it came with a 90 day warranty from a 2'nd party carrier. The engine blew up in under 1000 miles of use. The warranty co put in a used engine out of a junk yard car with twice the miles on it as the original one. And she also had a $500.00 deductible! READ THE FINE PRINT...and make sure what you'll need to be covered is!

(IF) this used 05 Spectra-5 comes with a full KIA manufactures warranty 10/100(free) I'll maybe buy it, if not I'll pass.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to research this abit tomorrrow.. I did check and the VIN has only been registered to the Current Dealer.. Shipped to a dealer in MD and bought by the Dealer who is selling it now.. I will be interested in seeing what angle he has on this...
But in reality the 5 yr 50K is a pretty decent all around warranty anyways..

Thanks

Rob
BTW... I would love to find a forum or review site on Aftermarket Warranty programs.. I see some nice ones online but who knows with all that fineprint..

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
I purchased my optima from a reputable dealership (Car rental company) and it came with original 10year/100,000mile warrenty) :57:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if it was an Original Purchase Option..To include a transferrable warranty? For Resale Value etc??

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
While at the dealership last week I went over and looked at my 04 Sorento I once had. I traded it in for my 05 Spectra SX. I noticed on one of the papers in the window it said it had the remaining balance of the warranty. So it sounds like they are going to transfer it to the next buyer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by ahfrederick@Aug 15 2005, 10:44 AM
I purchased my optima from a reputable dealership (Car rental company) and it came with original 10year/100,000mile warrenty)
Just curious, what car rental company carries Optimas, and do they rent other Kia models as well?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok..from what i read in the KIA warranty manual...
"The Power Train Warranty is not transferable to subsequent owners" ..

So I think that is GOLD... Unless there is a Back side deal a owner can fanangle..

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
DON'T DO IT. I bought a 2002 Kia Rio with 48,000 miles from a used car dealer who said it would be covered 5/60.

At 54,000 the transmission needs to be replaced. KIA will NOT cover it over the warranty. They say I don't have the previous owner's maintenance records. And they won't tell me who the previous owner was so I can get the maintenance records. It's a loop-hole they don't tell you about. YES, you have a warranty if you are a second owner but only if you can prove the car was taken care of previously.

DON'T BUY A KIA!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by skip56@Aug 17 2005, 08:03 PM
DON'T DO IT. I bought a 2002 Kia Rio with 48,000 miles from a used car dealer who said it would be covered 5/60.

At 54,000 the transmission needs to be replaced. KIA will NOT cover it over the warranty. They say I don't have the previous owner's maintenance records. And they won't tell me who the previous owner was so I can get the maintenance records. It's a loop-hole they don't tell you about. YES, you have a warranty if you are a second owner but only if you can prove the car was taken care of previously.

DON'T BUY A KIA!
Research like this is why I bought a toyota. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts