Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
like most of us 99 Sephia owners I had a warpped dashboard. The choice was eather to take it out and replace it or try to glue it back together. I was too lazy for that. I bought an adapter (90 degrees angle) for my drill and screwed the warpped part down. See the pictures and judge for yourself. Does not look bad and I saved time and money.

2.jpg

3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,113 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had the same problem. I tried to glue it down with a strong adhesive but it was only good up to 105 degrees and it's much hotter inside my car during the day. It's peeling back up again. It's so bad that it actually broke the end of the vent covers! Do I have to buy new covers from the dealer or can I order them online? Also Wasilm, what kind of screws did you use, what did you cover them with, and is there anything I have to watch out for to make sure I don't cause any major damage? Any help would be appreciated very much. Thanks.

Nate

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
stocksephia
they were self driling screws and not vey long, maybe 1 inch. Got them at Home depot. It was a 10-minute job. The filling job is quite poor as you can see. I used the wrong silicon and the wrong paint but over all it is worth not spending your time and money. If you use 1 inch screws you can't possibly damage anything. The adapter was small enough to get under the windshield. Like this one.

Amazon.com: MILWAUKEE ADAPTER OFFSET DRIVE Part # 48-32-2100: Tools & Hardware

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did almost the same thing to my '98 Kia Sephia. I used a Rivot Gun with the windshield removed (I needed to replace it so I had the guy take out the old one - then take lunch - and come back and put in the new one. Only trouble is that it still warped (again) and pulled up around the rivots. I now have small holes and the same warp job!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,128 Posts
Wow Ive never seen anything like this... crazy!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everybody,im new here. Im from Belgium. Since 1 week im owner of a sephia 1994. i have this problem to. can someone give me some tips to solve the problem?
Sorry if my text contains some grammaticfaults, English isn't one of speciality's. My motherlanguage is Dutch, but i did my best to write this. :)

Greetings
Max__623

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,858 Posts
The best bet to fix a Warped dashboard cover, which is prone to crack by age and sunlight exposure; is to install a brand new one... Yes, they exists, and they're aftermarket, built with stronger materials; see:

2nd gen-kia-sephia-1st gen spectra-dash-cover-new.jpg

Kind Regards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts