Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1998 Sephia LS and living in Nevada has not helped my dashboard. the dash has warped around the driver windsheild vent but not on the passenger side. Does anyone know how and can tell me how to remove the dash so I can fix the problem. How hard is it to do? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a warped dashboard when I bought my 2000 kia sephia. I applied shoe goo to small areas at a time... clamped the lining down and left it over night. This process has been slow, becuase of the small area to work around, and only having two clamps to use at a time (they have to be small clamps). But this has worked wonders!! I did a small part and left it for a month to see if it would work and IT DID!!! very well so I am just about done with all of the bad parts. I will finish up tonight and rplace the plastic around my vents tomorrow. Don't ask me why show goo, but it just so happened to be the only glue around my house that looked like it might work. I am one of those country girls that ghetto-rig everything and this time it seemed to work.... well. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia LS, 1998 Kia Sportage 4x4, 2002 Kia Sportage 4x4
1,252 Posts
yeah that looks like ass. you obviously weren't using a good enough glue. i'd go with gorilla glue. i've seen it hold onto stuff in the most extreme conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts