Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's the scenario... Going to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg last night. My wifes ticket requires that she uses her ID to verify her ticket. So she is getting her ID card out and it slipped out of her fingers, hit the door and slid under the passenger seat... underneath this box. It's raised about a 1/4" off the floor under the seat... well her ID slipped under it! Impossible to get out... unless you have a 10mm socket... which luckily - i had put into the cubby in the back the day before. Also - luckily I had a long extension and a short extension - together it allowed me to remove the 2 nuts - and lift it up a bit and get her drivers license back. It could have been a real shame if we had had to go home...

Automotive exterior Fixture Vehicle Auto part Door

...and by the way the Kobalt tool kits from Costco fits great in the cubby in the back... It can sit on top of the styrofoam piece that holds your spare tire tools - and is the perfect size to slide to the right, under the plastic cover... I'll have to take a pic, but it fits so well, it wont rattle at all and can get you out of a jam such as this.

Automotive exterior Tool Gas Auto part Set tool

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
169 Posts
I found my daughter's licence under the drivers seat once. Luckily it hadn't found its way under that box or we never would have found it because she hadn't realized she dropped it.

Thanks for the post

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
473 Posts
Odd, my impressions so far from dropping anything under there were, "OMG; this is great having this much room to get in there and find it." I didn't notice the box until now. I'm usually dropping larger things though. (black duct tape over the openings???) Was the box hot, or does anyone know what the hell it is?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A nice twig on the side of the road oughta fish that card out lol

But I agree that's a strange design. I drop stuff into the abyss between seat/console all the time.
True - keep a flexible ruler or a coathanger in the car - just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts