Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my "warning bell" that keeps going off - but there are no indicators on my dash as to why. I have double and triple checked my doors, sunroof, etc. to make sure they are all closed, but it bothers me because it's going off for no reason.

And sometimes it goes off and the next stop I make it doesn't.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,499 Posts
Hello and welcome to the kia forums especially the soul forum.
The bell warning is usually the seat belt warning.
You have not given any details of car or area if you could include them in you User CP it would be helpful and be there for future posts.
Before I retired my previous car would sound if I put my work bag on any seat weight sensors were too fine,

Jeff

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,538 Posts
we don't know anything about your vehicle. Are you talking about chimes, like if you don't fasten your seat belt or leave the key in the ignition?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry - the warning bell goes off when I shut off my car - I have a 2014 Kia Soul + with the Primo Package, it has a push button start/shut off. My seat belt is still on when I shut the car off and I have checked all the doors and sunroof to make sure they are all shut, but it still dings and there are no indicator lights on the dashboard to say why this bell is going off.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Vanilla Soul Shaker 1.6 crdi Auto 2013
1,499 Posts
Some key less entry systems warn you if the access fob is in the locality and car is still unlocked. get someone to walk away from car with fob and find if it is that and the range . If it is factory option the instructions will be in hand book to override that system if and when you want to.

Jeff

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,538 Posts
Jeff could be right, check your owners manual on page 4/14 on "Smart Key Precautions" also starting on page 5/10 how the push-button set up works under various conditions and there is chimes that will go off when certain things happen - make sure what you are doing is not one of these conditions.

·
Registered
2015 Soul
2 Posts
5 Chimes when stopping engine

yes, I am having the same problem. 2015 Soul with push button start. I drive less than 3 miles to and from work. Every time I press the button to stop the engine, I get 5 Chimes. There is no indication for the problem. I went for a long drive, and when I shut the engine off the last 2 days, it hasn't chimed. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the battery at lower charge? I also checked Sun Roof, Doors, Hatch,etc. It isn't seat belt, because it happens whether there is someone in the passenger seat or not. I have been trying to figure this problem out too. I have read the owners manual from cover to cover and nothing matches this problem.

·
Registered
2013 Soul Base, AT, Titanium and 2013 Sorento, 4 cyl, Blue
104 Posts
From the manual..
When the ENGINE START/STOP button is in the ACC position or above, if any door is opened, the system checks for the smart key. If the smart key is not in the vehicle, a message "key is not in the vehicle" will appear on the LCD display. And if all doors are closed, the chime will sound for 5 seconds. The indicator or warning will turn off while the vehicle is moving. Always have the smart key with you.

Sounds like the car is looking for the smart key.

·
Registered
2015 Soul
2 Posts
Chime 5 times after shutting off engine

I used my second key fob, and tried again running a test. I kept the key fob in my hand. Started car and drove a few blocks. When I got home, I pressed the start/stop button to shut off the engine. Still get the 5 chimes. I opened and closed all 4 doors, trunk hatch, sunroof. Tried the test again, and it still makes the 5 chimes. I checked the display for every test. There is no error message, no dash panel lights, etc. The original post was for a 2014 Soul. Mine is a 2015 with EVO option. It isn't causing any problem, I just want to know why it happens. I know its hard to diagnose without anyone actually seeing it happen. Its due for an oil Change soon, so I will ask the dealer shop to check it out, but I really want to know for sure. I can't trust my Dealer shop for anything electronic.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul
1 Posts
I am new to this forum and I am having the exact same issue with my 2016 Soul with EVO package. I can't believe that this has been going on for model year 14, 15 and now on my 16 and my dealer has no clue as to the cause. I like the others, have 5 chimes (randomly) when pushing the stop button. Also have checked the doors, hatch, sunroof and seatbelts. It happens more often on short trips, but has happened on longer trips too. I thought it looked like an battery problem, especially when one time after this continued for several weeks, my battery died. Had it towed to dealer, they found no issue with battery or charge system and had no clue on why battery died. Is there any help out there?

·
Registered
Kia Soul!, 2011
132 Posts
Did any of the posters check for the FOB battery? One said that he tried with "the second Fob"... Well, that's great, since they are both the same age, both batteries might be as dead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say that I'm glad other people besides me are having this problem - although I wish there had been some solution!

Our Kia Soul is a 2016, and lately nearly every time I push the button to shut it off, we get the same Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. Always five times, no more no less. Just a quiet chime, no messages displayed, just the five-time chime. Doesn't matter if the seat belt is on or off, or if both key fobs or only one (no matter which one) are in the vehicle. The car is in park, all the windows and doors and sunroof are closed.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Dingggg.....

Hopefully, if there are any updates to this thread I'll get an e-mail??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 Sportage has just started doing this in the last month or so. It’s very annoying because I constantly look around trying to figure out what I’ve forgotten. I have no idea what is causing it. It reminds me of other vehicles when you leave your lights on. But my lights are always on auto.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 kia soul and it's almost a year old. Just in the last 3 months my car is now doing the exact same thing. Has anyone figures out what the problem is? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,965 Posts
I have a 2019 kia soul and it's almost a year old. Just in the last 3 months my car is now doing the exact same thing. Has anyone figures out what the problem is? Thanks!!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts