Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed SW LS, Wi Femad
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there removed those large Warning stickers about the airbag and seatbelts etc., from the sun visors.

I'm loath to do in case I scratch the visors to bits - the stickers on mine seem to have been melted into the plastic.

Anyone tried it?????

Rich (Ceed CRDi SW owner of 5 days, and loving it)

·
Registered
cee'd CRDi LS Mercedes SLK350 Honda Fireblade
725 Posts
I've picked at mine but given up as they start to come off but then just tear. Same happens in another car (Merc). Frankly I'm sick to death of all these stupid warnings and advisories plastered everywhere (on my motorcycle tank) telling me to be careful just because some dumb ass septic gets away with sueing (sp?) MacDonalds for selling her hot coffee - it's coffee, it's hot, you'd complain if it wasn't hot so don't spill it on your crotch when you're stupid enough to drive along with it in your lap!!

<rant over>

·
Registered
Ceed SW LS, Wi Femad
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tim_p, with the remains of your stickers it reminds me of a Nissan Sunny ZX transfer I removed back in 1990. That car was quite nice - a 1.8 16v petrol which was fitted to the 200SX with turbo. Much faster than the crop of hot-h's back then. But it had this horrible thing on its rear end... Nissan and ZX were metal badges, but the horrendous name - SUNNY - was a transfer that was seemly melded onto the paint. Garage advised me to use a hair dryer on it and i would come off.
It did - with ease. But that was paint...so a bit different to a plastic visor.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am gonna have to give it another go because, have you noticed, when the visors are down (blocking the sun) then the stupid sticker is facing forward for all to see - it looks carp!
Regarding the Nissan - I really fancied the current 350Z - could afford it, but it was the badge that put me off - how stupid was that. I then bought a Kia!

·
Registered
Ceed SW LS, Wi Femad
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wouldn't buy a nissan now - not since 2003 when french renault got it's hands on it. The primera I traded in for the Ceed was 2005, £18000, lived an easy crusing life of A roads to work and yet still needed it's turbo replaced at 20K miles this year, and a full steering loom replacement also this year (as cruise, radio would change as you turned the wheel) - those jobs being £2500 in themselves - and there were other faults. Lucky it was under warrenty, but also why I go rid of it as it was running out. Nissan used to be good, but not since it was part taken over by Renault. Google 'primera turbo problems' and you will see everyone is geting them. Goodbye Nissan; will never go there again. Hello Ceed, may even get another to replace my Y-reg Pug 306 cabriolet - young at heart with only 20k on the clock and fsh.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts

I hate those stickers.
On my PC I printed a couple of large sticky backed address labels filled with grey, which I thought was a close match to the visor colour.
The labels wouldn't remain stuck to the labels on the visor, so I placed a patch of clear fablon over the top. That won't stay on either. Just drops off when heated by sunshine. It looks much better so I'll persevere. I don't want to use superglue or a strong adhesive. I have considered just very carefully painting over the labels with a matching grey paint.

Anyone had any success with this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
ProCeed 3 & Picanto 3
1,487 Posts
Top idea Adriano, I too, along with many it seems, don`t like the look of these stickers.
I`ve already taken some `tracker security` ones out of my rear quarter windows (horrid big white rectangles with text!!!), yet to remove the Kia 7yr warrenty & garage ones from the rear.
As for the sun visors, may have to upgrade my glasses to reactor-lights so I don`t have to fold them down when it`s sunny.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Do newer 7 year ones actually list the correct warranty - mine still say 7 years for this, 5 for that, 3 for something else. I'd have thought the dealer would fall over himself to replace this whenever he saw a wrong 'un.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
I've now settled for silver Duck tape, cut to fit, over the horrible sun visor warnings. It's not ideal; looks darker from some angles, lighter from others, but not bad. Again could be painted over with a matching paint before cutting and applying. Sticks really well and seems to resist high temperatures.
I removed all other stickers and have stuck them on the walls of my underfloor storage area in the boot for safe keeping. My '7yr warranty' sticker, said just that. Oct 07.

·
Registered
Cee'd SW EX CRDi / Classic Mini Sprite!!
46 Posts
Just ordered myself a set of those from ebay! I wonder if my missus will pay any attention to the warning signs??!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts