Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 El Camino 2002 Kia Sportage
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after following the advice on here and removing and cleaning then re-greasing my hubs, I still don't think they are working right, the back tires still spin with the front tires doing nothing.... But I still don' think it is the transfer case, I still believe it is the hubs, So after I cleaned them I took some pics of them in the locked position I just don't think they look like, but I have no clue so I thought i would see what you everyone thought. the pictures of the inside of the hubs they are in the locked position. Also when i took one off I found this small metal sliver in the hub, I put a picture of it on here as well. Also one more weird thing, the hub selector never goes all the way to the free position seems to stop right before it no matter how hard you twist, that pic is on here as well. So what does everyone think??
Hub Lock 1.JPG

Metal Shard.JPG

Hub free front.JPG
Thanks now for any answers

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
The piece of metal looks like a piece of one of the internal compression springs.
One way to test the hubs is to install them in a vise . Install a wooden dowel or a screw driver handle in the spline snugly. The handle /dowel should rotate freely in the free position and should not be able to turn it in the locked position. Test both hubs.
A broken cam or spring may be your problem.
The hubs are purchased as pair. Check out Street Side Auto or Amazon deals.

Hope this helps.
chief

·
Registered
86 El Camino 2002 Kia Sportage
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any threads on here that demonstrate taking them completely apart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts