Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased our first KIA and enjoying it to the max! Our salesman did however after seeing all the LED lights and toys we had on our PT Cruiser tell me to read the book very well before I do anything to drastic. Geez, it seems as though you can't even plug a cell phone charger, or a fuzz buster into the cigarette lighter without taking a chance of voiding the warantee. Am I reading way too much into this or what gives here? I can understand if I was to put the underbody lights like I had before, but to plug my cell phone in?? This book almost scares you into not making any modifications at all, plus it sounds as if the warantee is for the original purchaser only. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated! This is on a 2005 Spectra 5, Love the car, but don't like the book! :crying:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
You are reading into it. You can do mods to your car without voiding the warranty. I know of many people that have done stuff to their Kias without voiding anything.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
14 Posts
if you mod your car and that mod causes a problem than kia dont have to fix it under warranty, also if u swap a stock kia part on ur car for an aftermarket part kia doesnt have to fix that under warranty aswell..

they can't stop u or void ur warranty for pluggin something into the ciggarette lighter..

·
Registered
4 Posts
KIA is crazy. They advertise a great warranty program, then they have a million loop holes. I will NEVER buy another KIA. Our transmission went at 54,000 miles and they won't cover since I don't have the previous owners maintenance records.

DON'T BUY A KIA.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
You can upgrade your car, but remember one thing. What ever you add on as mods, KIA is NOT responsible for fixing/replacing. ESPECIALLY with the engine bay. And if/when you do upgrade your car, the insurance company as well will NOT replace to repair the part(s). But then again, that goes for ALL car companies.. well I must say on the flip side, IF and only IF the parts that were bought and installed were COMPANY issued, such as TRD (Toyota), NISMO (Nissan), MUGEN (Honda), MAZDA SPEED (Mazda), etc.. then it IS covered under the manufacters warrantee. As for KIA, I don't know of any aftermarket company sponsered by KIA. Anyone out there in KIA land know of any?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
hmm, well there you go.. just becareful of what you install on your car, because it will NOT be covered under the warrenty. but either way, doesn't matter with the insurance company.. any parts added will NOT be covered, PERIOD!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts