Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cerato/Forte Hatch SI
184 Posts
One of my favourite sounds is the noise made by the Rolls Royce Merlin engine as fitted to the Spitfire and the Australian built P51 Mustang. Makes your hair stand on end when of of them fly over, which unfortunately is very, very rare. Where I live anyway!!!:D:D

The Merlin was even fitted to the Lancaster Bomber, but not the Canadian built ones which had the more powerful "Cyclone" engines, which gave them a bit more speed and a bit of extra bomb carrying capacity!!!:D:D

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my favourite sounds is the noise made by the Rolls Royce Merlin engine as fitted to the Spitfire and the Australian built P51 Mustang. Makes your hair stand on end when of of them fly over, which unfortunately is very, very rare. Where I live anyway!!!:D:D

The Merlin was even fitted to the Lancaster Bomber, but not the Canadian built ones which had the more powerful "Cyclone" engines, which gave them a bit more speed and a bit of extra bomb carrying capacity!!!:D:D
YES what a sound i use to be involved in the restoration of P-51's i love the sound of the R/R but have you ever heard the sound of a p-38's twin Allison's WOW!

·
Registered
2012 Cerato/Forte Hatch SI
184 Posts
YES what a sound i use to be involved in the restoration of P-51's i love the sound of the R/R but have [B]you ever heard the sound of a p-38's twin Allison's WOW!
[/B]No, can't say that I have. They may have been in Australia during the war, but the RAAF never had them!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts