Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sedona
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012LX with a basic sound system. Sound is not that great and was looking for suggestions to upgrade speakers. Can I get better sound with just speakers or am I wasting my time without a whole new system.

If you have upgraded, please let me know brand, size etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would suggest looking into Pioneer speakers, can't go wrong with them since they are one of the best in the industry or Alpine speakers as well. What are you specifically looking for, more bass?

·
Registered
09 Grand Carnival
62 Posts
Agree. Replace you speakers with a decent set.

Running Alpine splits in the front, and 6x9's and a 10" sub in the rear. The rear speakers are driven off an amp. Big difference in sound with enough bass to start to vibrate things inside.

Have also replaced the original head unit with an Eclipse CD/DVD/GPS

·
Registered
2008 Sedona base
8 Posts
I replaced the rear speakers in my 2008 base van because it was the easiest part to change. Aftermarket speakers sound much better but you have to sit in the rear to benefit. Not worth it for the driver.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I threw a non-Infinity unit from an EX model into my LX, and it dramatically improved the sound. I think what you should be looking for is a new head unit, not new speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts