Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup: Hi all

I am so glad I have found these forums, I am very interested in buying a Brand New Kia Cerato in September, but as they are so new to the market in the UK, it is very hard to find any one who can tell me anything about them.

I would love to hear form any Cerato owners (preferable the 2.0SE version), about the good times and the bad times they have had with their Kia's.

I have read some good things on here about foreign Ceratos, (no disrepect meant), but I would really like to hear from any UK Cerato owners in particular. :innocent:

I have read Parkers reviews and What car reviews, but I can't find many owners reviews, which are what really counts ;)

I owned a Kia Pride about 9 years ago, it was ok, but I believe they have come up a lot in the meantime.

The Cerato seems to have a lot to offer within my budget.

I look forward to hearing from you all....... :haha:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought cerato in august 2004. Now i have 21000 km on the odometer. It's a nice simple car, but.. too much noises inside, heater's actuator was broken and replaced, and other tiny problems. If you can, look on the nissan primera. it's much better car for the same money...
ps: sorry for bad english.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Cerato
15 Posts
I am in Australia and have a 2005 Cerato 2.0SE so far it has been great no problems so far. In Saturday's Paper Motoring section they had an article.(The Kia Cerato has beaten the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla in the benchmark test for quality and reliability, the JD Power Initial Quality Study, which surveys the number of problems new owners experience in the first three months of ownership.

The Cerato leapfrogged the Civic and the Corolla in the 2005 results to be second only to the niche-market Toyota Prius in its category following a 64 point improvement over its 2004 result. The result for the Cerato, of 100 faults per 100 cars, is also substantially better than the industry average of 118. As a whole, the Kia brand scored a better result than the likes of Porsche, Mazda and Volkswagen, each renowned for build quality and integrity.) Taken from the paper

I drive 130km's round trip to and from work and it has been great very quiet on the inside and a pleasure to drive, I have only clocked 10000k's so far.
If I have any drama with it i'll post it.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now, and just love it. Nothing wrong at all with it so far, and it is one of the quietest cars I've ever driven (unless the sunroof is open, LOL). My only complaint with it is the 5th gear ratio - at 110km/h it runs at about 3200RPM, which is louder and drinks more fuel than if it was even 300RPM lower. A small complaint in an otherwise amazing little car.

Devin

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have recently brought a Cerato 2.0 SE after trading in my Shuma 2. It is a big improvement over the Shuma although that was not a bad car.Excellent build quality very quiet and a very resposive engine. Overall very impressed so far I would recommend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts