Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered a 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is the wait time these days for 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige if ordered in August 2022? Planning on buying one for my wife for her birthday next month. Any chance I can get it before then?

·
Registered
Ordered 2023 Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige
60 Posts
I ordered mine April 16 still waiting, I’ve talked to about 15 different dealerships in the Midwest and they have not received any
SX Prestige hybrids besides the one or two they got for there early allotment. There’s a couple LX and EX floating around out there but no SX prestige’s.
The two SX prestige my dealership had one was black and the other was matte finish.
The one I ordered is white but I also told him if a gravity gray came in before my order I would consider it.

·
Registered
2023 Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige
17 Posts
Anybody have any updates as to when they might start producing the SX prestige hybrid? I placed an order three months ago and they have yet to even start building the car. Notice that nobody on the East Coast seems to have any SX prestige hybrid. Are they just not producing them? Any information would be wonderful.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anybody have any updates as to when they might start producing the SX prestige hybrid? I placed an order three months ago and they have yet to even start building the car. Notice that nobody on the East Coast seems to have any SX prestige hybrid. Are they just not producing them? Any information would be wonderful.
I’m in the same situation ordered April 16 still no word from my dealership, ordered a snow white Sportage SX prestige hybrid.
My dealership said they’ve only had two since they came out a matte finish and a black one they’ve seen no SX prestige
If you see some of the other threads on here there’s a list of what the holdups may be including shortage of the Harman Kardin Radio system among other things

·
Registered
Ordered 2023 Sportage Hybrid - SX Prestige
8 Posts
In Boston, MA here. I've been searching for a Hybrid SX Prestige for a couple of weeks now. I was in the process of reaching out to a dealership here that charges MSRP, and was going to ask them what the ordering process looked like. The rep told me they had one scheduled to arrive in early October, and it was available! I jumped on it right away and put a deposit down. Seems like I just got lucky!

A couple of links I've been using to track which dealerships are receiving the Hybrid SX Prestige models:

Cars.com

TrueCar.com

I wish you the best of luck in your search!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
In Boston, MA here. I've been searching for a Hybrid SX Prestige for a couple of weeks now. I was in the process of reaching out to a dealership here that charges MSRP, and was going to ask them what the ordering process looked like. The rep told me they had one scheduled to arrive in early October, and it was available! I jumped on it right away and put a deposit down. Seems like I just got lucky!

A couple of links I've been using to track which dealerships are receiving the Hybrid SX Prestige models:

Cars.com

TrueCar.com

I wish you the best of luck in your search!!
I talked to the GM at my dealership yesterday to check on the status and he informed me that my order still hasn’t been accepted by KIA.
he told me that Kia is trying to roll out all these new vehicles with lack off materials, and everybody’s looking for hybrids and electric vehicles because of the gas situation.
he said I may not see my car for at least another three months unless he gets one allocated to him and it’s what I’m looking for and no one buys it at a premium.
he also told me he hates to lose the business but keep an eye out at other dealerships for their allocation and if you get one with a $2000 or $3000 mark up he would grab it unless I want to wait. Because I may be waiting for a while.

·
Registered
2019 kia optima ex prem
7 Posts
im hearing the "build" is basically a lie. they take deposit and hope ur car comes in by then. not sure if true but dealer told me that. said if they could factory order theyd have 30 ciming in monthly. honestly makes sense

·
Registered
Chevrolet Volt 2019. Ordered a 2023 Sportage PHEV X-Line Prestige that I think will never arrive.
300 Posts
There are no Prestige HEV or PHEV in the country. Nobody knows why.

·
Registered
Ordered a 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can we anyhow track if the factory has even received the order? My dealer isnt responding at all to any questions I ask about the status of the order.

·
Registered
Chevrolet Volt 2019. Ordered a 2023 Sportage PHEV X-Line Prestige that I think will never arrive.
300 Posts
Can we anyhow track if the factory has even received the order? My dealer isnt responding at all to any questions I ask about the status of the order.
There is no order to receive. Kia just allocates vehicles to dealers, if it matches a customer order, then great. I don't know to what extent they TRY to match customer orders.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I actually don't think that's how dealerships work in the USA. I know for a fact that vehicles are made to order in Korean domestic market, but not in the USA

·
Registered
2023 sportage SX prestige hybrid
1 Posts
Does anyone know what is the wait time these days for 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige if ordered in August 2022? Planning on buying one for my wife for her birthday next month. Any chance I can get it before then?
It looks like I am getting lucky. I feel a little bad though. I placed my order last week. My dealer called me a couple days ago to tell me that in their allotment that they were getting exactly what I asked for. white/black sx prestige hybrid. told me I should have it by the end of the month. I will believe it when I see it

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is no order to receive. Kia just allocates vehicles to dealers, if it matches a customer order, then great. I don't know to what extent they TRY to match customer orders.
According to my dealership they actually put in an order, it’s not allocation he told me.
Who knows what to believe you asked 10 different people you’ll get 10 different answers

·
Registered
300 Posts
According to my dealership they actually put in an order, it’s not allocation he told me.
Who knows what to believe you asked 10 different people you’ll get 10 different answers
Yeah, I've had multiple dealers say it doesn't work like that. I wish it did. The way the system currently is, as they've told it to me, someone who ordered their car well after me could very well get theirs before me. 🙃🙃

·
Registered
2023 Sportage Hybrid SX Prestige
17 Posts
I just did a inventory check on the 2023 Kia Sportage hybrid and it went from zero yesterday to 8 in my area today but still no SX prestige. I would think they want to sell the top-of-the-line model? Still have heard nothing about the order I placed back in June.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts