Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this issue? 2015 rio, I’m only getting 4volts to my compressor. If I jump power to it everything works fine. Diagram shows power comes straight from the a/c control unit. Is this a common failure ?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
129 Posts
Sounds like it's a variable displacement compressor that is controlled by a pulse width modulated signal from the control module.
So, is the compressor really only getting 4V, or could it perhaps be a 12V PWM signal that just looks like 4V on a DC voltmeter?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a dc meter in the connector. My wiring diagram didn’t specify it was pwn. I had assumed it was straight voltage. So this is a variable vain compressor?

·
Registered
129 Posts
So this is a variable vain compressor?
Your description of the circuit suggests a variable displacement compressor. A clutch type compressor would only have a single wire on the harness connector. And that wire would come from the compressor power supply relay on the engine bay fusebox.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Rio
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does this have a capability to view live a/c data or activations? My solus only picks up automatic a/c but this car is manual. I also noticed there is what seems like a diagnostic connector under the hood but I don’t have a adapter for that

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does this have a capability to view live a/c data or activations?
Sorry, I've never had to diagnose a fault on a Kia AC system so I don't know the answer to that.

Pgonzo349 said:
I also noticed there is what seems like a diagnostic connector under the hood but I don’t have a adapter for that
It really doesn't matter whether you connect the scan tool to that connector or the standard OBD connector on the dashboard. The tool is connected to the same CAN BUS on either one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts