1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they work? recommended?

Voltage Performance Chip Module

Raizin brings you not only ideal electrical efficiency and voltage supply stabilization, but with our original circuitry design and our special noise reduction condenser you can enjoy diminished noise and lessened high-frequency impedance.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Snake oil....
My being an electronic tech I can see through the BS...
It is great though for making money for the seller...
Spend your money on something special for your "Sporty"
Dave

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,803 Posts
Snake oil.

Increases torque at low and middle speeds.
Stabilizes idling and improves engine kink-over.
Improves engine response.
Increases headlight brightness.
Improves fuel economy.
Improves battery life.
Improves bass sound.
The only item on that list that has some credibility is the last one, and that would only benefit those that have those ridiculous bass thumper turned up near max.

The standard regulator integral to the alternator is more than adequate for all the other items listed.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage turbo (SX model in US)
210 Posts
I installed it couple of years ago. it's better than nothing. at least you don't have to worry about starting engine during cold morning. it's actually helpful. plus, stabilizer & ground wires kit improve electric current circulation. why not trying? it's cheap.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
About the only thing that "might" help the bass would be a very large electrolytic capacitor or a second battery in parallel with your first battery...
These "boxes" don't really have "a special noise reduction condenser" It's just a off the shelf part(s) that "might" reduce some high frequency harmonics in the wiring...
and that is pretty much useless... I see 4 standard axial capacitors in the "box" that "might" help the bass slightly but the ESR ratings are for very high frequency devices
like switch mode power supplies and have no value in a 12v low frequency car system ...
Their touting "Made in Japan" is their way of trying to make this junk look respectable..

They are working on a placebo effect where you "think" something is doing some good.... Where is the independent reviews by respectable magazines like "Car and Driver"?
Claims and nothing to back them...

As far as the "voltage claims" they are making look closely at the actual "improvements" they are in the range of hundredths of a volt...

What CAN help?
Adding extra grounds,heavier supply cables, a higher output (current) alternator, removing and cleaning ground return connections, or a second battery CAN improve the electrical system as far as being able to supply more current...

We have been inundated with lot's of "new" junk like the Class "D" amplifiers that create high volumes and DISTORTION... (at low cost to make)...
When it comes to music I'll take an older design Class A/AB analog amp to hear music the way it was performed...
Dave

·
Registered
Soul
54 Posts
Well in my idea voltage stabilizer would just help stabilize the flow of current all over your electrical system. Yes it could help, but I suggest to partner it with an aftermarket grounding kit.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,803 Posts
Well in my idea voltage stabilizer would just help stabilize the flow of current all over your electrical system. Yes it could help, but I suggest to partner it with an aftermarket grounding kit.
Fair comment, but does the system require or benefit from such fine stabilisation - there's no engineering explanation that suggests it does, or how it does.

If you had a fixed water pressure available and with it you achieved a flow of 25 gallons per minute through a 1" diameter pipe, ....... increasing the pipe diameter to 2" would not double the flow if the 1" pipe resistance was not a flow limiting factor to start with - the 2" pipe would just cost more with no performance benefit.

Please update your profile detail, .......at least location and vehicle.

·
Registered
Soul
54 Posts
Fair comment, but does the system require or benefit from such fine stabilisation - there's no engineering explanation that suggests it does, or how it does.

If you had a fixed water pressure available and with it you achieved a flow of 25 gallons per minute through a 1" diameter pipe, ....... increasing the pipe diameter to 2" would not double the flow if the 1" pipe resistance was not a flow limiting factor to start with - the 2" pipe would just cost more with no performance benefit.

Please update your profile detail, .......at least location and vehicle.

Thanks for explaining it and about my profile will surely do some update.

·
Super Moderator
9,803 Posts
Thanks for explaining it and about my profile will surely do some update.
Great, let us know if you encounter problems updating your profile detail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts