Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions as to why my voicemail (or google navi) won't play over my car's speakers when the phone is connected to the car, and how to fix it?

The car is a 2011 Sportage EX with the standard radio (no navigation or camera or anything), the phone is a sprint Samsung galaxy s 3, not rooted or anything, system is as up to date as sprint sends updates..

Everything else seems to perform correctly, making and receiving calls, and playing music from my phone (via BT).

Also, the voice mail won't play through the headset on the phone when it's connected to the Bluetooth (like, holding it up to my ear in the usual manner). It's most annoying, since I have to leave the car or disconnect the BT to hear voicemails.

Is there some setting I'm missing on the phone? Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
459 Posts
Only thing I can think of is that you have to switch the radio to the bluetooth streaming function like if you were listening to tunes from your phone. Do you have the UVO system?

When I am using the phone's GPS and google maps, I have to switch to the media/BT setting on the radio to hear it. Then if I want to listen to music at the same time, I have to stream something off my phone. You can't listen to the radio and google maps at the same time.

As for your voice mail, are you dialing your phone's VM to hear it? If yes, then it should work just like a phone call. If you are using some other method to hear it, then you need to switch to the BT streaming function.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
Yeah, WIS is correct. When I am using google maps the guide voice only goes through the speakers when I have the input on "MP3 play" the bluetooth streaming input.
When the bluetooth icon is showing on the display, press the cd/aux button and it should take you to that input then try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts