Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both the sunvisors in my 2009 Borrego fall out of the mounting holes in the ceiling..... this happens frequently while driving if the road has even a small bump.
It is a tapered post, small end goes into the hole first. There appears to be nothing but friction holding this thing in the hole... I've had it drop into my vision while driving
taking me by surprise... anyone else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine did. Bought a new one from dealer. The original stud has a plastic latch that holds it in place. that piece breaks off allowing the visor to fall off. You could remove the plastic base insert the visor and put some washers and lock ring on the visor stud to prevent falling and reinstall it. Remove the good side to compare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fix Sun Visor

had same issue. found this on YouTube
search phrase "DIY Broken car visor fix for less than $1 and in under 2 minutes"
worked great

·
Registered
5 Posts
My passengers side also fell, same issue since I bought it used at 90k miles. What did I do? I literally put some heavy-duty superglue on the end of the tapered peg, and stuck it back in there. It's been holding fine ever since. The ONLY downfall of that solution is that it no longer swivels to the side to act as a visor for the side window, but to be totally honest, nobody has ever even tried to do it in my vehicle since my windows are tinted, so that funtion is really not that necessary anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did. Bought a new one from dealer. The original stud has a plastic latch that holds it in place. that piece breaks off allowing the visor to fall off. You could remove the plastic base insert the visor and put some washers and lock ring on the visor stud to prevent falling and reinstall it. Remove the good side to compare.
Haven't been able to remove the baseplates on the ceiling. Looks like the small tab should pop off to reveal a retaining screw but it doesn't seen to want to pop off and I'd rather not break it. Any ideas?
IMG_7835(1).JPG

·
Super Moderator
9,211 Posts
Haven't been able to remove the baseplates on the ceiling. Looks like the small tab should pop off to reveal a retaining screw but it doesn't seen to want to pop off and I'd rather not break it. Any ideas?
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
ron1004
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing