Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20015 Sorento EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I’m new to this forum.

I have a 2005 Sorento EX with TOD. Going downhill at maybe 65+ MPH if I let off the gas I can feel a vibration(it feel like in the front end) If I give it some more gas the vibration goes away until I let off the gas again. What may be causing the vibration?

History:I’ve had it to the dealer 3-4 times and they find nothing. I have them grease/lube all driveline joints that require greasing/lubing. They give me reasons like: you have aftermarket tires, aftermarket shocks, aftermarket rotors….blah, blah, blah I had the driveshaft replaced and the splines lapped a few years back, due to the clunking problem at startup. I only put approx. 5k miles on each year and do not normally go down hills at 65mph+ until I take a trip, so this condition goes unnoticed for a long time.

Oh yeah I am the original owner, just in case you need to know that.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Have you looked at steering or suspension bushes? With a bit of torque from the engine, any slack might be counteracted. Strictly speaking, "coasting" means transmission in neutral. Glad you're not doing that.

Aftermarket tyres? That's a good one. Most tyres are better than OEM.

·
Registered
20015 Sorento EX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't looked at the steering. My assumption is that the mechanics at the Kia dealers would look at everything.

Coasting was in drive. I did however slip it into nutural for a short period to see if it went away and I believe it was still there.

Now I have a question about this forum.

I didn't get notified that my topicsc was updated. Any suggestions? Also I kooked at what I subscribed to and could not find this, I had to use search.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have this problem with my 04 LX 4WD. I always suspected a u-joint in the front drive shaft but never did figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts