Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys recently ive been getting this vinegarish smell coming from my vents when i turn on the car. doesnt really matter if its the cold air or hot air...just comes and goes. whats wrong? is it the heater core?

·
Registered
134 Posts
hey guys recently ive been getting this vinegarish smell coming from my vents when i turn on the car. doesnt really matter if its the cold air or hot air...just comes and goes. whats wrong? is it the heater core?
We have an 04 Optima EX that has the same problem. It is not there all the time but occasionally. It also smells like raw silicone too. Haven't figured out the source yet but will post if I do. It will not do it whan at the dealership.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a suggestion but have you guys checked your cabin air filter recently. Also, BG sells a disinfection spray (i believe called frigi fresh) that you can spray into the cowl vents and a foam that goes into the blower duct area. Awesome product. my .02 if that helps any.

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
Wow White1
Answering a post that is 5 yrs old :)

The filter makers must be wrong as they say there is one...
Rockauto.com has it "AUTO 7 Part # 0130016"

Your car may have not come with it from the factory (empty space) but it does show up as a replacement part... that you can put in the empty space.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
7 Participants
DavesSpectra
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing