Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very clever!
Currently used by Hyundai....won't be long for Kia.
Hope it comes through for you!

Reactions: ron1004

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,408 Posts
Well I finally found an undisturbed block of time and was able to watch this video. First off, IMO it was very well done, and he made every effort to completely explain this system. And it was also interesting how he anticipated the doubters by mentioning how much time and effort Hyundai have put into this.

Unfortunately for me, this is the same company (and probably some of the same engineers) who brought us the Theta engine debacle. They haven't been able to successfully eliminate the problems that have plagued this engine since 2011, and unfortunately that puts a big question mark on everything they do, particularly if it's cutting edge like this is. I'm sure that many here will consider my view to be overly harsh, but there's no way I can shake it off. However, even though I will never buy it myself, I wish them well with it

In any case it was interesting and enjoyable to watch, and thank you for posting it!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I share your concerns and speculation. I wonder how well the system reacts for customers who neglect to change oil or continue to utilize traditional less expensive mineral oil..... nonetheless, impressive engineering!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts