Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2003 Sorento EX for 2 months now. I noticed when I first got it, there was a slight vibration in the steering when taking off. It looks like it would only do it when the car was cold. Now it seems like anytime you park the car for a while and get back in and go to take off it does it. I asked the guy at the dealership and he said this was normal. Seemed like he knew what I was talking about. It seems like it is beginning to do it more frequent but only when taking off. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Originally posted by 1cruelhokie@Dec 4 2005, 05:51 PM
I have had my 2003 Sorento EX for 2 months now. I noticed when I first got it, there was a slight vibration in the steering when taking off. It looks like it would only do it when the car was cold. Now it seems like anytime you park the car for a while and get back in and go to take off it does it. I asked the guy at the dealership and he said this was normal. Seemed like he knew what I was talking about. It seems like it is beginning to do it more frequent but only when taking off. Anyone else experienced this?
mine does it too, i noticed it when the "bad tire" ended up on the rt front after i rotated the tires the second time

it goes away after a few minets of driving....i guess i could go to a michlien dealer and try to get a replacement under warrenty, but after i would get there the problem would be gone

so instead of doing a 5 tire rotations anymore it will just do a 4 tire rotation and put the bad tire as the spare

buy the way, it is normal for nylon ply tires to thump cold and shake the steering wheel when on the front, but IMO not for modern radials

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
Mines does it too. I'm sure I read on an old post from KiaMech (think thats the spelling) that its to do with the Anti Lock Braking system doing a system check and its nothing to worry about.
Cheers

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
Originally posted by ex_sorento@Dec 5 2005, 02:31 PM
Hi all,
Mines does it too. I'm sure I read on an old post from KiaMech (think thats the spelling) that its to do with the Anti Lock Braking system doing a system check and its nothing to worry about.
Cheers
Exactly! Very normal happenings!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts