Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased a 09 Borrego EX 2wd V6 and really like everything about it except for an awful vibration at about 72mph. I thought for sure it was the not so great Hankooks and replaced them with some Cooper Discoverer HT and still have the vibe right at 72mph. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 2006 F150 that had the same issue and I had replaced everything possible that I thought was the issue and nothing fixed it. It drove me so mad that I traded it in. I hope that this is not going to be round 2. Exact same vibration at the same speed with the new tires so it's either a out of round wheel or now I am leaning to the brakes. I don't want to dump a bunch of $ on this but it's one of those pride things to see if I can find the issue.:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have The Cooper AT3 on mine also and I noticed the steering wheel shakes a little bit at high speeds. The funny thing is on certain road surfaces there
is no vibration at all. But on other surface's its annoying as hell. I figured if it was the tires it would do it at all times on all road surfaces.

Steve69

·
Registered
2009 Borrego EX V8, 2004 Cadillac XLR, 1987 Cadillac Allante
12 Posts
FYI, Bought mine new in 09. I now have 35,000 miles on it and original tires. Never noticed a vibration problem. I run it on the AC Expway at 75 on cruise control and it rides smooth as glass. Tire pressures are set per door sticker. Hope you find out what's causing the vibe on yours.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego ex v8, 2010 Kia sportage ex v6 both 4wd.
16 Posts
I would try switching front tires to back and see if any difference. Possibly one side at a time to try to isolate problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Discount Tire let me switch the Coopers for Michelins and low and behold, no more vibrations at all. It was really strange that even with new tires, still had the vibe so it was throwing me off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the coopers also, hate them. They have had so many balance issuses with 18" rims. My vib starts at 77. (just for a test).

·
Registered
Borrego V6 4X4 EX
9 Posts
I had a vibration problem that would start around 70 and got worse the faster I went. I am gald I saw this thread, as I always expected it was the tires because the dealer said the vehicle was sitting on their lot for 4 months. I am thinkng flat spots.
Just had the 45K mile service done, and they must have rotated the tires as the vibration doesn't show in the steering wheel until near 80 MPH now.
I am not going to get new tires just yet, because there is so much tread on these and the vibration is non existant now at regular highway speeds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love my Cooper tires for snow, mud and great traction all around. I dont do a lot of interstate driving so for me Im not about 75 mph very much. I have about 20k on my Coopers and there is no where what so ever.

Steve69

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife has been complaining about her Borrego shaking at 80mph! Not changing tires any time soon, plenty of tread. They are Wild Country At xtx, great tire, love the same tire on my 09 silverodo, no issues even at 80-85mph!! Will defiantly something to keep in mind!! Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts