Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone had the same experience as me in that my Sorento developed a bad vibration at the rear of the vehicle after the wheels were swapped round, refitting in the original positions (according to the garage) vibration still there but not so bad mainly @ 65-70mph.
Greybeard

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds to me as if the wheels are out of balance, 65-70mph is a classic indicator. How does the garage know that they refitted in the same position?

That said, it would only become a potential problem if they were balanced on the car, perhaps a balance weight was knocked off in the kerfuffle.

·
Registered
2008 VW Tiguan (sold my Sorento)
355 Posts
I'd bet on a wheel out of balance, have them redone. The stick-on weights on mags sometimes come off.

Cheers

Derek

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, took the technician (mechanic in my day) out on test run to show when vibration occurred, did approx 20miles on dual carriageway @ varying speeds 65-75, ran as smooth as silk no vibration at all (much egg on face) reaction from service manager was that I was luckly not to be charged for time 1.5 hrs!
Still all seems ok now, must be due to tyres settling down.
Have just finished fitting an Alpine satnav system with steering wheel audio controls all went well except I had to make the bracket to hold the audio controls to the steering wheel, the cruise control is fitted using a bracket, but I was unable to find it listed in the EPC so was unable to order an equivalent for the audio control.
dave

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
Just an observation but the Service Manager at my dealership (Tippens) would have smiled albeit wryly and offered me another cup of coffee. This on the basis that the customer is very important. Perhaps this is why we have bought 4 Sorentos from them since December 2003.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts