Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if the variable geometry turbocharger will be available for a CRDi Sorento?

Or if this will be a feature only for new engines.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't believe that no one knows anything about this, since I enjoying reading this forum for its knowledgeable people.

I hope some one come up with something related to this VGT technology.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
VGT's have been available for some time from other makers, the Sorento doesn't use one as yet, nothing publicaly in the pipeline as it stands.
Kia tend to be a few years behind the technology that the more mainstream brands offer, after all technology tends to cost more.
I'm sure an updated engine is on the cards for any 'new' Sorento that will appear.

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
There is a VGT 2.5CRD sorento available in Korea. It is available alongside the standard 2.5CRD.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
:460:

They need that here like yesterday.. I'll be asking at the next course when it's likely to appear!
30bhp extra.. should go well :beer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:bwekk:
Sorry .... bit thick here .... what the **** is 'VGT' & what difference will it be to my current 2.5crdi engine ?

Thanks
Mark :gunsmilie:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could it be installed in a standard CRDi engine? or it's a just a feature for the new models.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
It'll more than likely be a feature of the new models.

They don't normally make these things backwards compatible, besides which you'll find the price to be prohibitive even if they did so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Murphwiz, great information, thanks, it'd definately be nice to have vgt on my SOrento!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:clap: This is to pepper ..... yeah I read the '1st thread's ' however, it doesn't explain what it is or what it does, does it !!!!!!!!
:gunsmilie:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Sorry was being facetious, now if you'd said can anyone explain how VGT works then I'd have been far more helpful. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Was told today VGT is on the way for the EU markets 'soon'
Engine needs sorting for Euro 4 compliance before end of 2006.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts