Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Ex GDI 4 cyl. Problem: when I turn the vent air on set on auto, it seems to blow out extremely cold air, like AC temps but the AC light isn't on. Anyone else notice this?

My concern is that the AC is actually running and therefore effecting my MPG.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,413 Posts
When the control is set on auto, the AC compressor can run without the AC light lit up. The system will do what is needed to achieve and then maintain whatever interior temp that is set. If you do not what the compressor to run, you will need to take it off the auto setting.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD, Blue Jeans
7 Posts
I have 2011 LX and I am noticing the same as OP but I do not have climate control and obviously there is no Auto setting. The air blowing in is colder than outside temperature but the AC is off. What could be causing this?

Anyone with other ideas? TIA.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,006 Posts
here's how

turn your fan on... set the temp you want, turn the fan off...
the vent will blow the temp of air depending what temp you have set it for.... thermostat adjusts automatically... even if the fan/ac/heater is off...

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX AWD (Titanium Silver); 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop, 6-sp. manual (Eclipse Gray)
124 Posts
If you just want un-chilled fresh air, turn the temperature all the way down, then turn off the A/C via the button (if the light is lit) and turn off recirculation via its button (ditto). This will take it out of Auto mode. You can then set the fan to whatever speed you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts