Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Hyundai Veloster wheels would fit on a 2007 Kia Optima? I like the looks of those spider-like ones. The specs for that wheel are: 5x115, 18 x 7.5w, 49mm offset. I don't know the offset or bolt pattern specs for the Optima's original 16 x 6.5w steel wheel.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
As far as bolt pattern and hub size they will fit, however the offset and extra width are going to be a problem. I found a wheel offset calculator using google and the Veloster wheels will sit 16mm closer to the strut. I test fit a set of 18" Soul wheels on my Optima, which according to the calculator moved in 14mm, and they were almost touching the shock covers in the rear. Just going by this, I would say they would not fit. They is always the possibility of using a 10mm hub spacer, but that would move the outside of the tire/wheel out a total of 20mm(10mm for the wheel alone+10mm for the spacer). To visualize this, look at your tires now, and then imagine them sticking out about an inch further.

If you want to check this for yourself, google "wheel offset calculator", and pick the first search result. It should be for 1010tires dot com. The OE steel wheels have a 46 offset.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts