Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anyone running Valvoline's Modern Engine SAE Full Synthetic Motor oil with their 3.3L GDI? I've read good, empirically based, research that shows this oil does some good things with carbon build up in our direct injection engines?

See:

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
632 Posts
Thanks for the post and link. Good information to have on hand!

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
453 Posts
I am using Amazon's full synthetic oil in mine.
Why use Amazon brand when the Super Tech at Wal-Mart is down to 14.88 for the 5 quart bottle and I've had their brand tested more than once by Blackstone labs and it's a superlative oil which is actually made by one of the major companies (which can change yearly depending upon their bid). It meets all the requirements of new car manufacturers and I usually send a sample off at the 5,000 mile mark and always get back the suggestion that I greatly extend the OCI by at least 50%. I'm sure the Amazon brand is just as good and could well be made by the same producer to the same formula, just surprised they are charging $23 for the 5 quart bottle although they do have to cover shipping costs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is $5 cheaper if purchased in store. Made by Warren. Probably same as Walmart and amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX AWD
60 Posts
If I could find it cheaper than $45 for a full oil change I would use it. Hard to beat $30 worth M1 from NAPA on sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts