Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! I have a 97 sephia . I need to replace the valve stem seals on my 1.8 dohc fuel ing. Engine ! I am trying to do this without removing the head ! I have the air tool hose that threads in the spark plug hole so that the valves will not fall through ! My problem is finding a valve spring compressor tool for that ! The tools i have seen at the part stores are all for ohv instead of cam ! There was one i came across that levers by hand but because of th size of the tool it will not work ! Please help an advice asap !

·
Registered
49 Posts
.... This is the type I use.

.... Instead of using AIR to hold the valves in place, Why not use rope. Fill the cylinder with rope then bring the piston up slowly until you feel the rope contact the valves. Be sure to use enough rope. And of course, DON'T put it all in the cylinder, leave enough so you can get it out when you finish. Just a suggestion.

:)

Hi ! I have a 97 sephia . I need to replace the valve stem seals on my 1.8 dohc fuel ing. Engine ! I am trying to do this without removing the head ! I have the air tool hose that threads in the spark plug hole so that the valves will not fall through ! My problem is finding a valve spring compressor tool for that ! The tools i have seen at the part stores are all for ohv instead of cam ! There was one i came across that levers by hand but because of th size of the tool it will not work ! Please help an advice asap !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts