Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens CRDI 2,0 automatic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Carens/Rondo are not often driven with heavy load, that means that the rear brakes are not often in function. As a result rear brakes stop working, rust obtain and it is dangerous not to have them in function. Most European cars have a valve located on the rear axel activated by the load, giving more hydreulic preasure to the rear brakes. Some of this valves are adjustable. Do this car have such a valve and is it adjustable? I want the rear brakes to work more even with empty car. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Christmas regards from Norway.

B

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
very puzzled as to how you determine your rear brakes are not functioning - can't see that being possible. Or are you talking about the emergency foot brake?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Yes, a strange one; you don't usually know anything about operation of the rear brakes unless you hear them lock-up on loose surface.

Some cars (e.g. The original Mini), had an inertia-operated valve which limited pressure to the rear brakes. I wonder if this is what the OP is talking about?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
also if I'm not mistaken the Rondo (I presume the Carens too) has a split braking system where one front and one rear are on one circuit, so if a line broke you would still have half-your braking system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts