Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<_< here we go again, can you help me axeman as i need to know where i would check to see if my vacumn line to the front hubs are unhooked? thanks dzcook

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you have a 1997 Sportage you do not have vacuum engaged front hubs. They started in 1998. Your hubs are a mechanical locking design and they do wear out and break over time. You can install Warn manual locking hubs. See other recent post concerning Warn hubs and how to order them. They are the same part number regardless of the year Sportage you have but the installation is slightly different if you have mechanical hubs or vacuum hubs. But the installation instructions explain the differences.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rolleyes: THANKS AGAIN AXEMAN YOU PUT MY MECHANIC TO TASK AS HE SAID HE FORGOT THAT IN 1998 THE WENT TO THE VACUMN line . now we can see why my new warn hubs arent locking THANKS DZCOOK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again you were right, he did attempt to install the vacumn hubs. My mechanic got the right hubs and everything is working again. Ihave experienced one more problem-- My automatic trans when cold takes about 7 or 8 miles to shift into the overdrive mode, is there a simple fix to this? THIS ONLY HAPPENS DURING COLD WEATHER MONTHS. Thanks for any help you can give in advance, DZCOOK Its a 97 sportage. have a Happy New Year AXEMAN, YOUR APPRECIATED. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
The automatic transmission is supposed to work like that. It will not shift into overdrive until the engine coolant reaches approx 155 degrees F. So everything is normal and it's working properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts