Kia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if how Kia Rio would accept this kind of petro (V power nitro+ Racing) l? I am currently using Caltex Gold RON 95 I use this gas because it has a cleaning ability( with techron). Got a year old Kia Rio (2011). Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 KIA RIO 5dr Hatchback, Model: EX, 1.4 CVVT Engine, A/T
42 Posts
This is the new name for the Shell fuels here in the Philippines.
Super Premium is now called V-Power Nitro. Both have the same 93 RON.
V-Power is now called V-Power Nitro + Racing. Both have the same 97 RON.
Check this is out -> Shell V-Power Nitro+ Engine Room | Philippines

I don't see any issues using Shell's V-Power Nitro + Racing. It is the same octane rating with the previous Shell V-Power which is 97. The only difference is the cost. However, as I observed in my previous post, traffic is really terrible here in the Philippines. So using high grade fuel in idle would be a waste. When are in the Philippines, I recommend the RON 93 and use a higher octane when in highways like SLEX. But again its up to you.

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
I don't know if how Kia Rio would accept this kind of petro (V power nitro+ Racing) l? I am currently using Caltex Gold RON 95 I use this gas because it has a cleaning ability( with techron). Got a year old Kia Rio (2011). Thanks.
Rio will accept up to 100.. I use 98 (BP Ultimate) in mine and keeps it all running smooth with more mileage compared to 91 or 95

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. I have used this and went from NE to Candelaria Quezon. It spent me around 1,400 pesos. at 51 peso /li of Vpower +racing. That is arround 480km.

·
Registered
2010 KIA Rio LX Midnight Black.. CAI.. 6000k HID..
64 Posts
I have a 2010 Rio LX in the US, is my engine compatable for other fuel than the 89? (Unleaded Regular)

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Nav Graphite/Tan
73 Posts
Glad I found this as I was about to post the same question. My previous car which was a 2006 Focus ZX5 (5 speed) and I noticed a big jump in mileage when I used V-Power. I want to use it on my '13 Rio5 but I wanted to see if anyone else used it. I have just hit 600km on the car and I think that I will wait until the motor is 'broken in' before I put the good stuff in it.

Thanks to Shell for giving us the choice of using real gas.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I have no idea why, but I just ran a tank of Shell 91 and got the worst mileage I've had so far. My driving style and locations were the same. I'm almost 100% city driving, so maybe this gas doesn't like it in the city.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts