Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Stinger GT2. I did the Navigation software update in May 2021 and that was successful. Don't know if that was what messed up UVO, but the mileage in the UVO app hasn't updated (it was previously captured 2000 mi ago) and when I select Vehicle Diagnostics from the car screen it won't do it. Nothing else in the UVO app is working since apparently the UVO app is not connecting to the car in some way. I get a phone notification says UVO waiting for bluetooth connection(?) Bluetooth is working for Audio and Phone with the car. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but it still won't connect. Have been to the dealer...they are checking into it. They said something about bluetooth in the car that might be bad?? Has anyone else experienced this or fixed it?
(I already know some just ignore the UVO features/don't use it, but I would like to troubleshoot and get it working--and get something replaced if it is defective).

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT Indigo Edition / 2020 Kia Telluride SX
3 Posts
I have the same notification my phone lingering, until I connect to the car Bluetooth again. Problem I have is I use Android Auto, connecting to the USB port. You can only have one connected.... I choose android auto.
The only way I get rid of that Uvo notification is to turn it off. So I never get to use the parking location feature built in the app.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried several uninstall/reinstall of apps and Bluetooth connections that made no difference. Then messing around with the settings in my car:
The process that finally seemed to connect UVO to my Stinger was a passkey issue.

Settings/ Device Connections Settings/ Bluetooth System Info—shows the Vehicle Name “Kia Motors” and Passkey: 0000

Then I went to UVO Settings/ My Car Zone> / under My Car Zone Settings it has a PIN >…Change button. When I touched “Change”, the PIN entry was blank. I entered 0000 and the UVO connected up to the car, and updated the mileage. Don’t know if it just needed an entry of the PIN or the Bluetooth Passkey and PIN in UVO have to match. All I know is that things started connecting after I entered the PIN. None of this info is in the user manuals that I could find.
I tried the Find My Car locator function and that seemed to work. My mileage also updated in the UVO app and at owners.kia.com YAY!
I don't see that the UVO notification on my phone waiting to connect is there anymore. Will see if it happens again.

Have seen many many complaints over years and years of this app not functioning correctly and most just uninstall.

So got it to be somewhat functional but I still couldn’t get the Vehicle Diagnostics to perform. Will see if it is otherwise useful. Am waiting for input from KIA about that. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Kia Service rep emailed me and said that I need a "radio" update loaded from them. From KIA online, he said there will be another Nav update around the end of Oct. 2021. Saga continues. Will add info as I go.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT Indigo Edition / 2020 Kia Telluride SX
3 Posts
Settings/ Device Connections Settings/ Bluetooth System Info—shows the Vehicle Name “Kia Motors” and Passkey: 0000

Then I went to UVO Settings/ My Car Zone> / under My Car Zone Settings it has a PIN >…Change button. When I touched “Change”, the PIN entry was blank. I entered 0000 and the UVO connected up to the car, and updated the mileage. Don’t know if it just needed an entry of the PIN or the Bluetooth Passkey and PIN in UVO have to match. All I know is that things started connecting after I entered the PIN. None of this info is in the user manuals that I could find.
Can you share a screen shot of your app with the settings and to change the pin. I have the android app and the only settings I have is at the bottom of the app. There is no settings option in the My Car Zone section.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I should have specified the Settings I was in was on the CAR screens (not the phone app). There is a General Settings and UVO on the car settings.

However...

I went in for service this morning to get a RADIO update that can only be done by KIA service. This update just came out from KIA recently (Oct. 2021). It had to do with the wifi that is built in to the radio. (Previous years are similar, but as I understand it, the 2021 models have a different system so doesn't apply the same). MOZMAN, since you also have a 2020 Stinger, you will need to do go to KIA service for that update too...and everyone else with a Kia with the same system. Nothing we can do will get UVO to work right without getting the radio update done by service. They reset to factory settings, then they do their update with KIA supplied steps. Now the Vehicle Diagnostics works, mileage updates, parking minder works, etc. Fixed the problem! 😎

PS: There is a new Navigation update that will be released around the end of this month--Oct. 2021. That's a whole other thread...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts