Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a USB key full of songs plugged into my Rio to play with UVO. The car is about 1 month old and I only noticed this in the past week. After starting up the car, or plugging in the USB key, I get the first song up to play but all the touch buttons along the bottom (menu, copy, shuffle, sound, etc) are disabled and greyed out. I can't change tracks using the steering wheel audio controls either.

I found a bit of a workaround in that if I long-press the "track up" control on the wheel, often the buttons will enable and it's OK after that. But sometimes the buttons will enable and revert to disabled again.

I've seen this using other USB devices (like iPhone/iPod) too. Anyone else seen this? I guess I could try a factory reset on the unit...:(

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul, 2013 KIA Rio 5 Door
84 Posts
I JUST got my 2013 Rio 5 Door and my wife a 2013 Soul. We haven't used the USB yet for this but I did see there was an update for UVO not too long ago, have you checked on that? Apparently if you go to the owner's section of kia.com and log in you can download the update to a USB stick and update your system.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I was following the other post too and updated the unit last night. I will see how it behaves under the new update, but so far so good. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts