Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attempted to explore my connected USB. However I am encountering an issue with the mp3s files not in track order. They are in alphabetical order! But who wants to listen to a CD-converted mp3 files in random order rather than track order? Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
783 Posts
Don't have the uvo...but, if you really want to hear them in track order you can always add something to the begining of the names to have them in track order...such as a numrical digit.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have attempted to explore my connected USB. However I am encountering an issue with the mp3s files not in track order. They are in alphabetical order! But who wants to listen to a CD-converted mp3 files in random order rather than track order? Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
To fix your problem, if you wanted to listen to a CD in track order, you'd have to rename the files and prefix the files with a numerical value--i.e. 01 or 1 for Track 1, 02 or 2 for Track 2, etc. The problem is if you do this for 2 or more CDs, it will still not play the files in the right order. To fix this, you would create a folder and dump the first CD files into there. You could create folders called "1", "2", "3", etc. Inside each, prefix the names of the files with a number. UVO should start with the first folder and play all files (in track order), then move to the second folder and play all files (in track order).

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I always listen to my albums in random (shuffle) order that way I don't know what's coming up next. Who wants to listen to album in the same boring sequence every time which was your only choice at one time. However, if I want to listen in track order by album then just select the album and play it.
When you convert the tracks in the first place just have it put the track number in automatically, saves a lot of hassle.

Not sure how many you have to change, but if you just select an album and play it, is it really that critical that it plays in strict track order as opposed to alphabetical, you'll still hear all the tracks :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I always listen to my albums in random (shuffle) order that way I don't know what's coming up next. Who wants to listen to album in the same boring sequence every time which was your only choice at one time. However, if I want to listen in track order by album then just select the album and play it.
When you convert the tracks in the first place just have it put the track number in automatically, saves a lot of hassle.

Not sure how many you have to change, but if you just select an album and play it, is it really that critical that it plays in strict track order as opposed to alphabetical, you'll still hear all the tracks :)
For music, probably not, unless you've got a hankering for a specific album. Where track order matters, as in my case, is when listening to audio books. UVO is pretty poor when trying to plow through files on a USB storage device. For now, I use the app on my mobile phone. I have an iPhone (I know, don't shoot me). I accidentally selected a video I captured with my iPhone while it was connected to the USB port. I was surprised to see a message on the iPhone indicating it was connected to a tv and was even more surprised when it looked like UVO was trying to play the video. I only got audio but it was interesting the iPhone thought I was connected to a display/tv.

·
Registered
2013 LX I4 GDI AWD, 2006 S2000
17 Posts
I too am vexed at the default to alphabetical order for playing audio tracks. However, if I select an album either through the touch screen or voice command, the album will play in numerical track order. If I turn off the media player in the middle of the album and return to the album later, the track order reverts to alphabetical order. BOO!!
Numerical order should be the default; there is a menu selection for random play if one prefers it.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento
2 Posts
After 18 months of pestering Kia, consumer assistance told me yesterday that this is how the UVO is designed and that it's not a problem and they are not going to fix the problem. Also when you try to play a MP3 CD in playlist order, it also appears in ABC order and it's impossible to sequence properly. It seems that our usb/mp3 cd usage is in the minority and not worth addressing. the issue is fixed in the 2014 models even though it is not actually an issue in my 2012 Sorento.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Yeah, the system is too brain dead to use the mp3 ID tags to play the songs in the correct order UNLESS you specify to play a particular album. Then it seems to work. Whoever signed off on this design ought to be flogged. It's really souring my experience with the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts