Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5 SX UVO 2013
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I'm new here on the forums, and with my first post I wanted to contribute in some way! :D

I just recently bought a Rio 5 SX UVO 2013 (manual gearbox :cool:), and searched far and wide for UVO updates to no avail... until I stumbled upon this address on a forum for Soul owners...

https://www.kia.com/#/ownerssection/uvodownload/

You need to be logged in to see the page correctly... use bugmenot.com if you don't have an account and don't wanna bother with registering.

After login in just retry the link you should see the update download button on the right.

The latest version out is 1.MP.9.010.

I'm pretty sure this update will work for all KIAs with UVO (in north america at least), Soul, Sorento, Optima, etc.

I did the update without a hitch and will report if I see any changes in behavior from previous version 1.MP.9.009 I had.

Of course Kia/Microsoft ain't nice enough to post a changelog with each update... :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the info. I can't get access. Won't recognise my VIN. I'm guessing because I am in canada. Anyone know how to get this update from canada?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
Just installed. Took about 8 minutes maybe...

The clock time font is larger, easier to read.
iPhone 3GS, playing music via bluetooth, the correct song title is now displayed (before it wouldn't update after the first song was played).

To get from canada, login to the site using bugmenot.com, use the first login displayed. I wasn't able to find the link, so once I was logged in, I just pasted the link from the first post into the address bar, and it took me to the download page.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5 SX UVO 2013
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just installed. Took about 8 minutes maybe...

The clock time font is larger, easier to read.
iPhone 3GS, playing music via bluetooth, the correct song title is now displayed (before it wouldn't update after the first song was played).

To get from canada, login to the site using bugmenot.com, use the first login displayed. I wasn't able to find the link, so once I was logged in, I just pasted the link from the first post into the address bar, and it took me to the download page.
Exactly what he said... once logged in with a fake account just reinsert the first link into your address bar and press enter, you will be able to access the update.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul, 2013 KIA Rio 5 Door
84 Posts
Wonder if neither of my two vehicles are showing up because my wife and I JUST bought them last week. Not taking either of our VIN numbers. I will talk to the dealership tomorrow when I trade in my 09 Sportage. They let us keep it as a "demo" because we needed it this weekend for a camping trip since it already has a hitch on it. I feel like I'm "ballin'" with three cars at my house right now.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Thanks for this info. I checked my firmware version and it was 1.MP.9.008, so I updated mine today. I haven't played around with it to see if there are any other noticeable differences, but the larger clock font is a blessing to these old eyes.

·
Registered
14 Mazda 3 GX sport, 08 Nissn Quest SL, 10 Nissan Altima SL
28 Posts
I was not able to get into the download page with the help of the two links. It says that the account already exist.. The KIA.COM is also not recognizing my Canadian VIN #. Could you please brief again that how you were able to download it being in Canada. Can anyone of you would like to share the file by sky drive or Google drive. Will appreciate that

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Thanks for the update, folks! I just d/l the file and will update my Sorento's UVO tonight.

Best,

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5 SX UVO 2013
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do I just load this onto a USB stick and insert into the car? Or is there a series of buttons to press to get it to install?
Load into an empty usb stick, insert, press setup button, system, upgrade or something like that. It should detect the update on the usb, from there just follow the screen instructions!

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Load into an empty usb stick, insert, press setup button, system, upgrade or something like that. It should detect the update on the usb, from there just follow the screen instructions!
I installed it on the USB stick by running the .exe file on my computer first. It included a pdf file with instructions. Can you just drag the .exe file to the stick and update the UVO using that?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
I installed it on the USB stick by running the .exe file on my computer first. It included a pdf file with instructions. Can you just drag the .exe file to the stick and update the UVO using that?
No. The UVO unit can not execute the exe file... The exe file needs to be run on your computer, it extracts the files necessary for performing the update to the usb stick.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Thanks kikkomax,Just updated my 2013 SX & hope it does something other than the bigger clock!:)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX UVO
51 Posts
Just want to thank Kikkomax for the link, the update worked!

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Just want to thank Kikkomax for the link, the update worked!
Hi, I too want to thank Kikkomax. The update performed flawlessly but I wonder what else but the bigger clock we get! I played with the UVO this afternoon and I found nothing different. Even still have the same quirk as before: the volume with Jukebox and Media (CD or Stick) needs to be turned almost all the way to Max to get the same punch as a "6-10" on Radio and Sirius. Somebody has encountered the same problem? Dealer told me this was due to the original quality of the MP3's burned to a CD or Stick then copied to Jukebox. OK but same problem when playing a bought pre-recorded CD.
R.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5 SX UVO 2013
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, I too want to thank Kikkomax. The update performed flawlessly but I wonder what else but the bigger clock we get! I played with the UVO this afternoon and I found nothing different. Even still have the same quirk as before: the volume with Jukebox and Media (CD or Stick) needs to be turned almost all the way to Max to get the same punch as a "6-10" on Radio and Sirius. Somebody has encountered the same problem? Dealer told me this was due to the original quality of the MP3's burned to a CD or Stick then copied to Jukebox. OK but same problem when playing a bought pre-recorded CD.
R.
You could try a factory reset on the unit (it's in the setup button options). Otherwise bring the car in to your dealer with your original CD and show him he's full of crap ;)

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
404 Posts
R.
i have the same behavior on my unit... let me know if you can get if fixed!

1 - 20 of 91 Posts