Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia I hope you are listening! I'm a very frustrated and unhappy customer here... I hope someone from management monitors this site.

Kia, why do you still advertise free UVO updates on your web pages, both your old (MYUVO.com page and now the owner.kia.com page) if you are not going to provide us the link and let us update our vehicles?
Kia, your web site need to be changed: owners.kia.com/us/en/reference-material.html?page=uvo#[/url]

"Download the software update from MyUVO for free and take advantage of the new features that help minimize distractions on the road when getting directions, sending and receiving messages, making calls, and listening to music - Update today!"

Kia, maybe you should have changed the web page the same day you took away the link??? Just saying.
Kia, why do you still have a training video on YouTube video showing how to complete the free update from their web site??
Kia, if you are taking away the link to update UVO, then why wouldn't you provide a link to the third party pay site where we can pay for the update?
Kia, why does your their party map update web site only talk about map updates and does not specify whether the UVO software also gets updated?
Kia, why $40.00 to ship an SD card? Outragous?
Kia, take down all your old web links which refer to free updates.......
BTW, Kia, your call center people are not very helpful and it shows, they too have no answers....

If anyone has a copy of the latest update for a 2016 Sorento with premium UVO, for a reasonable price, message me.:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is interesting, I just bought a new Sorento and I noticed this came with it. According to the documentation they gave me it said UVO is free for 5 years.

Your year says"
Purchase/lease of a new 2016 Kia Sorento vehicle with UVO eServices includes a complimentary 10 year subscription starting from new vehicle retail sale/lease date as recorded by the dealer. After your complimentary 10 year UVO eServices subscription expires, your access to UVO eServices will immediately terminate."

INteresting, Im going to look more into this UVO tech

·
Registered
239 Posts
Interesting indeed. I just tried to check for updates for our 2013 Sorento and noticed the same thing. I haven't updated it in years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kia I hope you are listening! I'm a very frustrated and unhappy customer here... I hope someone from management monitors this site.

Kia, why do you still advertise free UVO updates on your web pages, both your old (MYUVO.com page and now the owner.kia.com page) if you are not going to provide us the link and let us update our vehicles?
Kia, your web site need to be changed: owners.kia.com/us/en/reference-material.html?page=uvo#[/url]

"Download the software update from MyUVO for free and take advantage of the new features that help minimize distractions on the road when getting directions, sending and receiving messages, making calls, and listening to music - Update today!"

Kia, maybe you should have changed the web page the same day you took away the link??? Just saying.
Kia, why do you still have a training video on YouTube video showing how to complete the free update from their web site??
Kia, if you are taking away the link to update UVO, then why wouldn't you provide a link to the third party pay site where we can pay for the update?
Kia, why does your their party map update web site only talk about map updates and does not specify whether the UVO software also gets updated?
BTW, Kia, your call center people are not very helpful and it shows, they too have no answers....

If anyone has a copy of the latest update for a 2016 Sorento with premium UVO, for a reasonable price, message me.:(
Have you had any resolve to this? I have a 16 Sorento and wanting to update the UVO? Ive

Any Resolve to this issue?
I have the non navigation system on my 16 Sorento and I have considered just being a used navigation for that year but dont want to risk losing control of my camera or steering wheel controls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts