Kia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen any posts on this, but just noticed today there is a UVO update available either on KGIS or on Kia's US site. Not sure if this works for other countries.

Anyone do it yet? I have it downloaded and prepped on my USB drive and will run through it after work.

I can find instructions on how to do it, but I can't seem to find any sort of update log stating what was updated or what may have changed. Anyone have or know?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just looked at this update, it applies to Sportages built up to November 04, 2011.
Mine was built after that date and my UVO is version 1.MP.9.009 the update is version
1.MP.9.008 so my is newer. So you want to check the software version before you update

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
17 Posts
I just looked at this update, it applies to Sportages built up to November 04, 2011.
Mine was built after that date and my UVO is version 1.MP.9.009 the update is version
1.MP.9.008 so my is newer. So you want to check the software version before you update
This pdf I found seems to indicate the newest one is .0010. I have downloaded it but haven't updated yet so I can't say for sure.

Text Font Web page Line Software

You can search for the pdf at http://www.kiatechinfo.com. Then click on the download link inside the pdf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats interesting...the one I found for 2012 Sportage yesterday said version 008 was rhe new one, but its ok I will let the dealer fix it next month when I get my free oil change

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2012 ex and my version is 008, is this the latest version? I'm confused...I can't seem to find other threads about this. I don't want to register for the site kiatechinfo.com until I know it's legit and ok to download into my car. Sorry I don't know much about cars just love my sportage

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new version is .010 and you don't need to hit KGIS, you can get it from the Kia site too, but you have to register there instead. No biggie, figure they will email when their are recalls and such.

I installed it last week, seems to be working fine. Not noticing a whole lot to tell you the truth. I did notice the clock in the upper right corner is bigger. It seems to connect to bluetooth a bit faster, but hard to say really.

Without the change log though, not sure I know what to look for.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
17 Posts
I just did the update to .010 also. Can confirm what WISporatgeSX said about clock being a little larger and bluetooth pairing being quicker. Nothing else is noticeably different.

·
Registered
'12 Sportage SX AWD
37 Posts
I installed it yesterday. It has updated the compatibility with some cell phones. One of our older LG cells phones use to constantly light up stating it was now connected. This would cause the cell phones battery to discharge quite quickly. In a 45 minute trip the battery reserves would be almost used up. This little issue no longer occurs. :)

We also have a new LG cookie smart cell phone that connected with the last software revision but the system would not allow for the contacts list to be downloaded/imported. The new software now allows the contacts list to be downloaded/imported but on the screen it only lists the name by the first three letters. But I guess this is better than having no contacts...:(

·
Registered
33 Posts
after the update, bluetooth compatibility with my iphone5 is now 10x worse. it disconnects all the time for no reason.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there a way to revert back to the original firmware? How does one do the update?
I am not sure on reverting back, never tried and not sure that I would for fear of breaking something. But I would guess you would do the same process as the upgrade.

As for how to do it, if you are in the US, hit Kia's website, click on the "Owners" tab, register or login if you are registered, then go to the download for UVO and it has instructions from there.

Or, you can register on KGIS (tech site) and find you way through there for the same thing. This may also give you the previous versions and possibly a way to revert back, but not sure.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX FWD
354 Posts
I'm not positive, but isn't there a "Restore to Factory" button in the setup somewhere? I swear i recall seeing this one day after digging around in UVO menus.

Maybe that will restore the HU to the factory firmware?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not positive, but isn't there a "Restore to Factory" button in the setup somewhere? I swear i recall seeing this one day after digging around in UVO menus.

Maybe that will restore the HU to the factory firmware?
There could be, but I would guess it would restore to the base settings and same firmware. So any radio presets would be gone or bluetooth setup etc. But it would not revert the firmware code.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
How do you download the update? I signed up and logged in I see the UVO update but when I go to download it it says UVO_V139-V149_exe couldn't be downloaded

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do you download the update? I signed up and logged in I see the UVO update but when I go to download it it says UVO_V139-V149_exe couldn't be downloaded
What OS and browser are you using? I just tried using IE and I could not download it, but I tried using Chrome and it worked. Can't say for sure if it works on on Mac though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts